• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

That sounds good Invicta, I love Lamb. Lamb seems to be more popular where you are and in the rest of Europe. Here it is not popular and even in the stores there is only a small section of the meat department with Lamb in it. Whet is there is also very expensive; probably the most expensive cut of meat in the store.

I think my favorite Lamb cut is chops; I like to broil them until golden brown, and even a little bit of crispy to the fat. That flavor is wonderful. But alas, I haven't had any Lamb for a long time. Pound for pound it is just too expensive. Not only is it expensive, but the cuts of Lamb in the store are so small that you have to buy more of things like chops to even make a meal for one.

I guess that because they don't sell much of it, they don't put much of it out. Most packages of chops only have rwo, or once in a while four chops and of course being Lamb they are small.

Lamb is expensive here as well. I usually buy leg steaks. They are about the same price as chops but without the bone so you get more meat for your money. They also do lamb rump steaks but they have a lot of fat on them. My daughter usually gets her meat from the local butcher shop and it is more expensive there. I get my groceries online now as I am no longer allowed to drive. The meat I got was diced lamb but is is very fatty. I don't use the same store each week. I use 3 or 4 different stores depending which ones have the best offer each week. We get our milk delivered from a local dairy farm and our eggs from the egg machine on a local poultry farm. My daughter is going there at the moment and I hope she is getting me some eggs. They only do 2 sizes, mixed weight in boxes of a dozen or trays of 30 or 6x30.  They also do meat and apple pies all made locally and various other goodies.

• Members

Tonight we're having baked chicken thighs, macaroni and cheese, green beans, slaw, and a bicuit each from ones left over from biscuits and gravy this morning! ? My wife makes the best biscuits I've ever eaten. We'll probably put bbq sauce on the chicken. We'll be having blueberry muffins and coffee later for dessert.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Tonight I'm making a Mexican casserole! We have this several times a month, and it seems like a good time to have it now since the temperatures have started falling again and it will be cool for several days. This casserole will last at least two days. I love making it, and we love eating it. Go figure...with a hispanic background, I guess I SHOULD love it! ?

• Members

Yesterday I had Hot and Sour soup followed by lambs liver and, bacon and onions in gravy with mashed potato.

Not sure what I am ha ing this evening. My wife has been on a strict diet for the last 2 days as she has an endoscopy tomorrow.  As she is a vegetarian the only things she has been able to eat are eggs, cheese, white bread and peeled potatoes.  From midday today she has not been allowed to eat anything.j

Edited by Invicta

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

My mom wanted to go out for dinner today (lunch, really). But hubs didn't really want to, and son needs to save $ for the start of his married life. So...neither Mom nor I wanted to cook, so we opted for sandwiches, which is always a great hit for son and hubs likes them as well. Sandwiches it was. Mom made a tasty strawberry dessert to go with it.

Tonight after church will be leftovers and whatever we each pick and find. ?

• Members

For us this evening, it will be a Mexican casserole. Vivian said this morning that she has been wanting me to make another one. It wasn't too awfully long ago that we had one, but I always enjoy making and eating them. Must be in my blood. ? When I make one it usually last for several nights and helps to stretch the food budget. That's always a big plus. If we were able to be in church on Wednesdays I would be making per chance, hamburgers, fries, sliced tomato, and possibly cole slaw! As it is, Vivian doesn't get off until nearly 5 PM now that they've changed her hours again, and she drives 1 1/2 hours home from the Northern part of the state to Southern Middle Tennessee. So, she won't be home until after 6:30. Church starts at 6. I dont' drive much, but, the pastor is here mowing my lawn this afternoon since it's not raining and the yard is dry. I'm thankful for all the church does for us, and am praying that I can do more for them this summer as far as helping kids go to Bible school, camp, etc. 

• Administrators

Lunch yesterday was lasagna. Mom made a BIG batch of it...enough for us, our son and his fiancée, some to send home with our son, snack later, and probably dinner tonight (with some left over after that, even). We don't make lasagna often, but when we do, we make lots. lol

• Members

Tonight we are finishing up a roast that Vivian made on Sunday afternoon. We would have eaten it yesterday, but we were at the doctors office until nearly 3 PM. Then we had to grocery shop. The doctor told me that they hadn't ruled out TIA's, but that they will know more within the next 30-60 days. They want MRI's on my neck since I was supposed to have some of the vertebra fused together back in 2015, but wasn't able to because of Vivian's near fatal accident. The doctor also placed me on Lipitor as a precaution since it's so hard to accuratelyl diagnose a TIA, and my cholesterol was within a point or two of "crossing over" into the bad area.