• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
On 12/27/2021 at 7:10 AM, HappyChristian said:

Hey! Not only does this sound delicious, but it's good to see you posting. Hope all is well with you and your wife.

Thank you. My wife and I are feeling our age. She has severe anaemia. Doctor couldn't  find out why so has referred her to hospital and we are waiting for an appointment.  

• Members

Today  I'd did chicken breast wrapped in bacon. I was intending to do creamy chicken and leek but my grocery order didn't arrive in time so I didn't have any cream.  We have most of  our food delivered these days, milk from the dairy farm, groceries from various  supermarkets,  although I much prefer choosing my own fresh food, my daughter gets our fresh eggs from the egg machine on a poultry farm.  They just do two sizes,  mixed weight and Jumbo. I like the jumbo , but they don't always have them.  The jumbo are in boxes of 6 a d the mixed weight are in boxes of a dozen odpr trays of 36 and six trays ot 36. My daughter gets 3 trays for her family and when we run out, we get some from her.

• Members
30 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Today  I'd did chicken breast wrapped in bacon. I was intending to do creamy chicken and leek but my grocery order didn't arrive in time so I didn't have any cream.  We have most of  our food delivered these days, milk from the dairy farm, groceries from various  supermarkets,  although I much prefer choosing my own fresh food, my daughter gets our fresh eggs from the egg machine on a poultry farm.  They just do two sizes,  mixed weight and Jumbo. I like the jumbo , but they don't always have them.  The jumbo are in boxes of 6 a d the mixed weight are in boxes of a dozen odpr trays of 36 and six trays ot 36. My daughter gets 3 trays for her family and when we run out, we get some from her.

Both of those sound great! My wife has to do most of our grocery shopping. With my bad back and legs, I can't seem to make it through a whole grocery store any longer. It's been that way for nearly three years now. She does a pretty good job of picking things out, keeping things fresh, etc. I taught her well the first few years we were married...I'm too frugal sometimes, but it's paid off. We usually buy our eggs 60 at a time because we use so many. We eat eggs in the morning for breakfast, and then there's the eggs we use in cooking. They're inexpensive and full of protein. We buy whole milk from a store called "Sprouts" here that carries a lot of whole foods. We got tired of having to dump milk that expired from our local supermarkets. It's more expensive, but we use far less and waste even less than before. We only buy 2 gallons of white and then a gallon of chocolate each week. Because it's in glass containers, it usually lasts well beyond the expiration date. 

Glad to see you posting again! ? Hope you're doing well, my friend. 

Tonights fare is going to be pork loin cubes, thinly sliced potates, carrots, onion, and green pepper simmered in chicken bouillon and a small bit of orange juice. It should be done by the time my bride makes it home from work since it's simmering in the crockpot on high. Alongside this, we'll be having cole slaw! ? YUM!

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Both of those sound great! My wife has to do most of our grocery shopping. With my bad back and legs, I can't seem to make it through a whole grocery store any longer. It's been that way for nearly three years now. She does a pretty good job of picking things out, keeping things fresh, etc. I taught her well the first few years we were married...I'm too frugal sometimes, but it's paid off. We usually buy our eggs 60 at a time because we use so many. We eat eggs in the morning for breakfast, and then there's the eggs we use in cooking. They're inexpensive and full of protein. We buy whole milk from a store called "Sprouts" here that carries a lot of whole foods. We got tired of having to dump milk that expired from our local supermarkets. It's more expensive, but we use far less and waste even less than before. We only buy 2 gallons of white and then a gallon of chocolate each week. Because it's in glass containers, it usually lasts well beyond the expiration date. 

Glad to see you posting again! ? Hope you're doing well, my friend. 

Tonights fare is going to be pork loin cubes, thinly sliced potates, carrots, onion, and green pepper simmered in chicken bouillon and a small bit of orange juice. It should be done by the time my bride makes it home from work since it's simmering in the crockpot on high. Alongside this, we'll be having cole slaw! ? YUM!

Our milk is delivered directly from the farm. They deliver it in the evening,  so we get that morning's milking. The egg machine is really good as it has local meat pies as well as apple pies hone made quiche and Kentish cream teas, etc.

When I go shopping  I go on my mobility scooter and I can go round on that. Some stores have scooters that  customers can use. If it is a store with narrow aisles such as Aldi I take a trolley and lean on that, as that support's me. i mostly get to Aldi as it is my nearest grocery store. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Our son was talking about Shepherd's Pie last Sunday, so I'm making our version of it tomorrow for lunch. I know it's not the traditional, but it's what we like. It's funny, but lately he's been hungry for dishes from his childhood.

We LOVE Shepherd's Pie, and we eat it when we have a chance to make it. Both of us, even though she's a Southerner and I'm a Yankee by birth, both had it growing up. Having lived most of my life in the South now, I like the Southern versions much better! ?

So, tonight we're having kiebasa, cabbage, and home made cornbread! It's cold here in Tennessee today...the temperatures have gone from near 50 at midnight to 33 right now...and we've got some light rain and snow showers. So, it's a good day for some comfort food! ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Was going to have a Mexican casserole because it's cold out...but I ended up losing my balance and falling injuring my left hand and wrist...So, it's me putting on a couple of cans of tomato soup and my bride making grilled cheese when she gets home.  ? That'll do for tonight with the addition of homemade peanut butter bars and a big cup of hot coffee! James Franco GIF

• Administrators
6 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Was going to have a Mexican casserole because it's cold out...but I ended up losing my balance and falling injuring my left hand and wrist...So, it's me putting on a couple of cans of tomato soup and my bride making grilled cheese when she gets home.  ? That'll do for tonight with the addition of homemade peanut butter bars and a big cup of hot coffee! James Franco GIF

Man, I'm sorry you fell! I hope your hand/wrist heals quickly. Honestly, grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds so delicious! I can't eat tomato soup any more and I miss it a lot!

• Members
12 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Man, I'm sorry you fell! I hope your hand/wrist heals quickly. Honestly, grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds so delicious! I can't eat tomato soup any more and I miss it a lot!

Thanks...I LOVE tomato soup and grilled cheese. It's not always great on my stomach, but I try to eat it at least three or four times a year.

• Members

Our former foster son came to visit us as he was over from USA for his grandfather's funeral.  I did chicken and Dijon style potato gratin. He said he always loved my Dijon potatoes. It is over 20 years since I saw him and i don't think i have done it since.  I did it again the day before yesterday  and had the leftover today, with chicken, leek and lentils in gravy. 

Our former foster son came to visit us as he was over from USA for his grandfather's funeral.  I did chicken and Dijon style potato gratin. He said he always loved my Dijon potatoes. It is over 20 years since I saw him and i don't think i have done it since.  I did it again the day before yesterday  and had the leftover today, with chicken, leek and lentils in gravy.