• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Today I'm crocking 1/2 a good sized chuck roast, onions, potatoes, celery, and garlic. I would have added carrots, but we forgot to pick some up at the store last week and we didn't have any frozen or canned available. If the brown and serve rolls are still good, there will be a couple of those as well! ? Oatmeal, cranberry, white chocolate chip cookies for dessert! YUM!

• Administrators

Tonight I experimented. I was a bit worried in that, I have never done this before, or even heard of anything like it.

I like seafood, especially clams and shrimp. Soooo I decided to make an experimental clam sauce to go over thin spaghetti. It turned out absolutely wonderful. Here is how I did it.

1 can Italian white clam sauce
1 can chopped clams
1 can whole baby clams
1 jar Ragu  Alfredo sauce
3 tsp. clam base added to 2 cups water
1 pound medium frozen shrimp
1 pound thin spaghetti
Strain and drain all the canned clams into a bowl, leaving only the liquid in the bowl
set the clam solids aside
mix flour with some of the liquid clam liquid, like you were making gravy

Pour the water with clam base into a sauce pan, bring to an almost boil
add the jar of Ragu Alfredo; bring to a light boil
now turn up the heat like you do for gravy and add the flour and clam liquid
experiment with the flour mix for how thick or thin you want the sauce
when fully mixed, add the clam solids and shrimp
shrimp cook fast, so don't over-do it, the sauce is already very hot

I cook the spaghetti while I am making the sauce, that way both are done at the same time

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We had our family gathering last night. And so we had dinner...tacos, fajitas, and chicken enchilada soup. And lots of desserts - cake, pies, cookies, candy. Ugh! 

Best of all, we got to talk about Jesus, sing some carols, and give gifts to those we love. 

• Administrators

That does sound yum! Tonight we'll be having the standard: ham & turkey, dressing, mashed taters and gravy, veggies, rolls. My brother is here visiting and my mom and I want to make sure his entire Christmas is memorable (he's had a rough year, c-19 aside). It will just be the four of us (hubs, me, mom, my bro) as our son has decided he'd rather spend the evening with his fiancée. Go figure. lol

• Members
54 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

That does sound yum! Tonight we'll be having the standard: ham & turkey, dressing, mashed taters and gravy, veggies, rolls. My brother is here visiting and my mom and I want to make sure his entire Christmas is memorable (he's had a rough year, c-19 aside). It will just be the four of us (hubs, me, mom, my bro) as our son has decided he'd rather spend the evening with his fiancée. Go figure. lol

All that still sounds good! We just wanted something "out of the ordinary!" I just wouldn't understand why an engaged young couple would want to spend time together on Christmas! LOL ? He's lucky his mother understands. Merry Christmas! 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

All that still sounds good! We just wanted something "out of the ordinary!" I just wouldn't understand why an engaged young couple would want to spend time together on Christmas! LOL ? He's lucky his mother understands. Merry Christmas! 

They've really enjoyed the last couple of days. Brunch with her family yesterday morning, dinner with ours last night, and now the evening. They won't be getting married until June, so they do need to spend that time together. They make such a cute couple. ?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Invicta said:

Tonight I did pan fried sea bass fillet over a bed of steamed julienne vegetables with buttered home made whole wheat bread. 

Hey! Not only does this sound delicious, but it's good to see you posting. Hope all is well with you and your wife.

• Members
13 hours ago, Invicta said:

Tonight I did pan fried sea bass fillet over a bed of steamed julienne vegetables with buttered home made whole wheat bread. 

Oh boy! That's sounds wonderful! I'm not a huge fan of seafood, but I love sea bass. Your diet for the evening sounds like it was quite healthy! We hope you had a Merry Christmas.