• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

My wife wants chicken tenders and fries tonight! We'll probably have a salad along with this. Meals since the virus have been quite simple for me to make, especially since I don't have the strength back that I had before we experienced the virus for the second time! Thankful for the simple things.

I am thinking of stir fry tonight.  My wife and I have not caught the virus, thank God. We will have our booster jab and flu jab this weekend.  

The hospital Dr said I shouldn't drive. My daughter who is our carer is on holiday for two weeks from Wednesday, so I have bought a mobility scooter. The owner and his wife of our local mobility shop were on holiday in the USA before covid. The wife caught a  virus  and was hospitalized and then the husband did. He is disabled himself. The seem to have caught covid although that was some months before it was officially around. The wife has long covid, the husband has broken both hips and is unable to move. Their holiday insurance ran out after 6 months. His hospital bill got to $150, 000 which  they could not pay at present so they have been put in a home.  They cany move until his hips join.

Is there anyone in the Orlando Fl area who could visit them?

The mother of our pastor went to be with the Lord today, after a long illness.

Sorry,  not alot to do with food. But enjoy your meals.

• Members

I think tonight I will be making a small spaghetti and some garlic toast!  ?  My bride is stopping by the pharmacy, the grocery store, the gas station, and then the PO Box on the way home from work. So, this will be a late supper for us.

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members

Made homemade pizza . It wasn't very successful as it stuck firmly to my pizza pan. I had to scrape it off and it came off in bits. So our pplates were filled with pizza scraps.   It tasted delicious though. It was vegetarian as I forgot to put meat in my half.

• Administrators

Oh my, how is it possible to forget the meat? In the future it might help to wipe the pan with a bit of olive oil, just lightly mind you. As for me, I like what some call a "meat lovers" pizza, four or five different kinds of meat. And I always like lots of onions on mine, it imparts a bit of a sweet taste to the sauce.

Do you make your own pizza crust, or buy one already made?

• Members

This evening it's hot dogs and french fries. I might try to go to the men's Bible study this evening if I'm doing a little better than I'm doing now. Covid has really drained me of strength and stamina. I might try to make some baked beans to go along with the dogs! ?

• Members
17 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Oh my, how is it possible to forget the meat? In the future it might help to wipe the pan with a bit of olive oil, just lightly mind you. As for me, I like what some call a "meat lovers" pizza, four or five different kinds of meat. And I always like lots of onions on mine, it imparts a bit of a sweet taste to the sauce.

Do you make your own pizza crust, or buy one already made?

I usually put bacon in my hallf. I make a large one and put veggies alp over  and then add bacon to my half. Yesterday I intended to add some ham but I forgot. I used a frozen pizza dough this time  but I sometimes make a dough in my breadmaker, other times we buy a simple pizza like tomato and cheese and add other things that we like.  I usually add plenty of onions, red preferred, mushrooms for my wife, red pepper (bell pepper, tomato, ) yesterday I added  courgette (zucchini), then spikle with dried oregano and garlic, yesterday I added dried Basil and then we sprinkle olive oil over.

This evening  I am planning salad. Ham and perhaps egg for me and cheeses for my wife. She likes Feta marinated in olive oil and herbes de Provence.

• Members

Tonight I did omelette and fries. Tomorrow I am planning to  do cous cous for lunch.  My elder daugter arrived today as my youngest is on holiday. Her and her husband and son are vegetarians, which makes four including my wife. They  can have just the stew and I and another grandson can add meat to ours. The stew has chick peas in it so they can have some protein. (I think you have another for chickpeas) my daughter doesn't like the grains so she can have hers with baked potatoes. 

• Members

Tonight we'll be having a roast that I'm about to put into the slow cooker, along with potatoes, onions, mushrooms, etc. I was going to try to make biscuits, but my wife said she'd rather have bread and butter. So, that the fare for tonight! ? Good eats.

• Members

Tonight I will be making a Mexican casserole! Vivian has been wanting me to make it for the past few months, but it's not been cool enough for it. Since the weather is cooling down, it's time I do! With all the ground chuck, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and tomato's it will be great! The only thing I'm missing is hot peppers, so I'll probably add a can of Rotelle spicy tomato's along with regular petite! Can't forget the chipoltle powder! ? YUM!