• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Tonight, since I did some driving today to the doctor and back in Murfreesboro for the treatments I had concerning my bilateral Meniere's disease back in May, I'm pretty wiped out...It was almost 60 miles round trip, and I was stuck in "school" traffic for nearly an hour and almost late for my appointment. So, tonight I believe we'll be having a side salad that's left in the refrigerator and a Red Baron pizza that is still in the freezer. That will take care of tonight. We love salad anyways, and pizza is usually a good standby meal. ?

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Sounds good Bro. Tony. Last night I had two Salami sandwiches; quick and easy and didn't feel like cooking.

Back in the 1990s my wife and I each used to run a Subway Restaurant in Augusta, GA. I had the biggest store with the highest volume because it was so close to Ft. Gordon there. She worked down by MCG (Medical College of Georgia) and the hospitals. We both would eat our supper at the store and would usually get a "spicy Italian" or a Meatball sub! Sometimes, because of the Genoa salami, we'd get a BMT. Man, those things were good then. WE cut most of the stuff by hand or with the slicer...it didn't come pre-fabbed like it does now! But, that salami sammich sounds good!  ?

• Members
1 hour ago, Invicta said:

I have never had a Subway. I think we have one in town  what sort of food go they do?

Today I am plan ing to do a lamb hotpot.

They are a "sub" sandwich shop, but they serve the sandwiches as salads as well. We loved them when they first came out. I was night manager for one in Pekin, IL for over a year (89-90) but when we went to Augusta, GA for my sisters first wedding, my wife and I found out that the ones there were hiring managers. So, we both were interviewed and hired on the spot. That's when everything was pretty much cut by hand, including most of the meat. Now it's all pre-packaged. We'll eat there every now and again, but only when we have to. 

• Members

My wife said that because of the rainy days and the cooler temps this week, chili sounded good....and, it does, in fact sound very good! So, I'll be making chili this evening. She is going to make a salad when she gets home, and for dessert, we still have some strawberry-rhubarb crunch and vanilla ice cream....so that'll do it for supper this evening! ?

Edited by BrotherTony

• Administrators

My meals have been simplified lately. Due to health issues I am off of all carbs and sugar. So, it's usually just meat or fish and veggies, and most of those are green. I do find that having to do without carbs, I need to eat more of what I am allowed to eat. So, tonight it was three hamburg patties and a package of frozen Asparagus.

• Members
2 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Steak, green beans and rice last night

Man, that sounds good! ?  My wife and I will probably have steak sometime this weekend, and then around her birthday on the 24th of the month. 

Tonight we're having hotdogs again. When we have hotdogs we have an 8 pk. We use 4 the first night,, and the second night we usually have the other 4. Not sure what we'll have with them. Probably pork and beans again. We may also have some fries, and if there are any prepackaged portions of it left...applesauce! ?