• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Pods was obviously a typo, probably due to  auto correct on my tablet. Should probably have been pigs liver. I did an online grocery shop today and searched for liver. The had lambs and pigs liver.

My son in law fitted the device today. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Pods was obviously a typo, probably due to  auto correct on my tablet. Should probably have been pigs liver. I did an online grocery shop today and searched for liver. The had lambs and pigs liver.

My son in law fitted the device today. 

Hi @InvictaGreat you had the device fitted; sounds like you need it.

God bless your family.

• Administrators

I am not a big fan of ham, but do like it if it is not too salty. It seems like these days any ham you buy in a market is way too salty. There is no need to inject that much salt in ham. Smoked ham is a bit better, but they still add salt.

Lately I have found nice ham slices at Walmart. They are not expensive  and good center cut. The only problem is salt. Of course you can never tell how much salt they have until you eat them. So, I buy them once in a while, but don't make it a "must have" for my monthly shopping list.

So, last night I made a shrimp stir fry. I always like this and use my own recipe. This is a meal that I make a lot of, volume wise, so I can just reheat it for another meal without going to all the trouble of cooking another night. Very filling and not too expensive. The most cost is the shrimp, but even then it makes for a decent priced meal, especially since I get two meals out of it.

• Members

I believe my wife is stopping by Kroger on her way home this evening and will be buying a couple of Red Baron pizza's for us to have...one probably this evening to supper and the other for breakfast tomorrow (4 cheese). We used to do this quite often years ago, but haven't done it for a while. It's not quite what I'm used to for dinner, but with the way we have both been lately, it will be a nice change.

• Members

Tonight we're having the left overs from the Philly Cheesesteak casserole my wife made yesterday, along with apple sauce and may possibly share a chef's salad. Could hardly taste the casserole, so we KNOW that we're going to have to make some adjustments to the recipe the next time it's made....still, it wasn't bad. Just needed more flavor! ? Trial and error!

Edited by BrotherTony
misspelled word

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Tonight we're having the left overs from the Philly Cheesesteak casserole my wife made yesterday, along with apple sauce and may possibly share a chef's salad. Could hardly taste the casserole, so we KNOW that we're going to have to make some adjustments to the recipe the next time it's made....still, it wasn't bad. Just needed more flavor! ? Trial and error!

I've seen a recipe for the philly cheesesteak casserole that uses ground beef. We love the sandwiches, so I've considered making it - using the ground beef would be a bit cheaper than getting the shaved steak. How did your wife make hers?

We had ravioli lasagna yesterday. Easy fix - I mixed some ground beef and cottage cheese with the sauce, and then layered (frozen) cheese-filled ravioli and the sauce, and cheese. Put it on low to cook during church and it was ready to perfection by the time we got home. Added some salad, corn, broccoli, and garlic bread. Voila - tasty, easy dinner!

There is a bit of ravioli left, so we'll probably use that as a base for tonight's supper and just clean up any leftovers of stuff.

• Members
43 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

I've seen a recipe for the philly cheesesteak casserole that uses ground beef. We love the sandwiches, so I've considered making it - using the ground beef would be a bit cheaper than getting the shaved steak. How did your wife make hers?

We had ravioli lasagna yesterday. Easy fix - I mixed some ground beef and cottage cheese with the sauce, and then layered (frozen) cheese-filled ravioli and the sauce, and cheese. Put it on low to cook during church and it was ready to perfection by the time we got home. Added some salad, corn, broccoli, and garlic bread. Voila - tasty, easy dinner!

There is a bit of ravioli left, so we'll probably use that as a base for tonight's supper and just clean up any leftovers of stuff.

Ours was made with ground beef...we had Philly Cheesesteak omelets a few weeks ago with the shaved beef. DELICIOUS! One reason my wife believes this was missing some taste is that she forgot to put in the seasoning salt. That's possible...but we often end up adjusting recipe's to improve them. We have been trying to cut back on some of the carbs, but CORNBREAD always sounds good to me. My grandfather used to make it all the time, as I do, and he also had pancakes often using either buckwheat flour or cornbread. His favorite was cornbread.  Now, as far as the taste of the PCS tonight...we're going to use some steak sauce to spice it up a bit! ?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Ours was made with ground beef...we had Philly Cheesesteak omelets a few weeks ago with the shaved beef. DELICIOUS! One reason my wife believes this was missing some taste is that she forgot to put in the seasoning salt. That's possible...but we often end up adjusting recipe's to improve them. We have been trying to cut back on some of the carbs, but CORNBREAD always sounds good to me. My grandfather used to make it all the time, as I do, and he also had pancakes often using either buckwheat flour or cornbread. His favorite was cornbread.  Now, as far as the taste of the PCS tonight...we're going to use some steak sauce to spice it up a bit! ?

I LOVE steak sauce on my PCS...really perks it up (we also use mayo on a sandwich - yum!)