• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Tonight we have a chuck roast in the crock pot, and are adding mac & cheese, green beans and buttered bread! MMmmmmMMMMMMMmmm! ?

I had that last night and ate the left overs tonight. I make it as a Pot Roast. Cook it on low on the stovetop for about four hours, it comes out so tender it falls apart when trying to get it out of the pot. It and I made almost a quart of wonderful brown gravy, love that gravy.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I had that last night and ate the left overs tonight. I make it as a Pot Roast. Cook it on low on the stovetop for about four hours, it comes out so tender it falls apart when trying to get it out of the pot. It and I made almost a quart of wonderful brown gravy, love that gravy.

It was really tender and fell apart while I was taking it out of the crockpot! My wife just loved it. ? I wanted to add potatoes, carrots, onions and celery, but I didn't have all of them. ? But, the mac & cheese and the veggie did very well. I bet you, like me, are a great cook! 

• Administrators

I don't know about being a great cool, but I like my cooking and others seem to also.

It's funny, you cook a pot roast the way most people do, with all the veggies in the same pot. I never do that, my taste buds don't like the way the veggies contaminate the meat. I just like the taste of meat too much to add anything to it. I always cook the veggies separate. I also prefer to roast the veggies in a flat baking dish and always include garlic buds and a sprinkle of OVOO. The EVOO carries the garlic taste throughout the whole veggie dish. I like the veggies this way a lot better than being soggy from sitting in the same pot as the roast.

• Members
7 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I don't know about being a great cool, but I like my cooking and others seem to also.

It's funny, you cook a pot roast the way most people do, with all the veggies in the same pot. I never do that, my taste buds don't like the way the veggies contaminate the meat. I just like the taste of meat too much to add anything to it. I always cook the veggies separate. I also prefer to roast the veggies in a flat baking dish and always include garlic buds and a sprinkle of OVOO. The EVOO carries the garlic taste throughout the whole veggie dish. I like the veggies this way a lot better than being soggy from sitting in the same pot as the roast.

I cook it both ways...sometimes I use the crock pot and add everything because it's easier when I'm busy. But, most times I cook the meat separately. I usually steam the veggies for an hour or so. It comes out delicious! You sound like me when it comes to cooking...must be a "guy" thing! LOL