• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

We had steak-um sandwiches tonight. Steak-um meat (brand name, thin beef), fried peppers and onions. Put all on a hoagie bun, cover with cheese and broil til cheese melts. We like ours with mayo and A1. (tonight was a "cheat" night for Randy)

How is your wife doing, Mike?

• Members

Today I did cous cous.  I wanted to do lot of gardening this morning as rain was threatened by the forecast.  I got the meat and the vegetable stew from the freezer and when I came back put it in the oven, the cous cous grain only takes 5 minutes at the end. In the end, we only had a few spots of rain but the wind got up in the afternoon so I did some seed sowing in the greenhouse.  My daughter usually gets our shopping with hers , while we are self isolating, in her online order from Tesco so a Lady from church went to Aldi for us which pleased Kay, as they do frozen Cheese and Leek Lattices which she likes, and she doesn't like many shop made vegetarian things. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

This is probably not something that many like, or will even eat; but I made breaded and fried chicken livers. Broccoli florets as a veggie. I like all liver, but am really partial to chicken liver.

I've eaten both chicken and beef liver. I like them both, but I prefer chicken livers and could eat it all day long!

I also like chicken gizzards! 

• Members
On 4/18/2020 at 3:40 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

I've eaten both chicken and beef liver. I like them both, but I prefer chicken livers and could eat it all day long!

I also like chicken gizzards! 

I prefer lambs liver.

• Moderators
On 4/16/2020 at 6:50 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Care to give an update on Delia, Mike. I will be in prayer for her and the situation.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:08 PM, HappyChristian said:

How is your wife doing, Mike?

Not part of the topic, but since I was asked, While she was in the hospital a year ago, one of the things they didn't tell her about was that she had ARDS, Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, which is scarring to the lungs. Had we known that, she would have stayed on night-time oxygen longer than she was, but not knowing, once she was breathing well, and absorbing oxygen as she should, for a while, she went off the O2. Well, recently she began having shortness of breath, not Corona-related, and coughing-apparently she picked up a respiratory bug of some sort, and when we got her to her doctor after about a week of it slowly getting worse, she was only about 83 on room oxygen, (should be mid-high 90's). So we had to put her back on oxygen full-time. The last few days her cough has eased back, and is almost gone, but still struggling with oxygen absorption, so we will be keeping her on for a while, which keeps her from being able to do much right now.

Thanks for the concerns and prayers, just going to take a while to get through this-she is irritated by it and upset her doctor never told her about the condition so we could have cut this off before.

• Administrators

Thank you for the update Mike, I will surely be in prayer about her and your health problems. Not being able to breath properly is extremely stressful.

I hope the docs don't list it as Covid19 because of the respiratory and coughing she is experiencing. If I may be of any help just let me know, after all we are just a few hours away.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Thank you for the update Mike, I will surely be in prayer about her and your health problems. Not being able to breath properly is extremely stressful.

I hope the docs don't list it as Covid19 because of the respiratory and coughing she is experiencing. If I may be of any help just let me know, after all we are just a few hours away.

15 hours ago, Invicta said:

Sorry to hear about your wife, Mike.I pray that shr will soon be well enough to come of O2

Thanks for the concern. As of this morning, when she was on just room air for about 10 minutes using the restroom, she came back and checked her oxygen and was at about 89%, so getting better slowly. I suspect that even as she gets normal she will be staying on oxygen at night, probably just a low volume, for a while to come, just to keep things strengthened. 

• Administrators

Thanks for the latest update Mike. It sounds like some good progress, although small. The encouraging thing is that even though the progress is slow, it is positive progress and each little bit adds up to substantial progress in the long run.

• Administrators

Last night I fixed burgers. Chopped red peppers and onions and mixed them in before frying. Gave it a good flavor!

Tonight I'm making a version of chicken al fredo. For Randy I'll use hearts of palm for the pasta. My sauce is pretty basically heavy cream, garlic, and parmesan, with a little mozzarella mixed in, salt, and pepper. He likes it.

Mike, I hope her oxygen has bumped up into the 90s by now.