• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
22 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Tonight I'm making Beef Barbacao "lasagna." I'll fix the roast in the instant pot and then shred it. For the lasagna sheets, I have palmini (hearts of palm) lasagna. Just like with regular lasagna, I will layer the beef with the sheets, adding cheese to the layers.  We've used palmini linguine before and Randy likes it. We'll see about the lasagna.

What are palm hearts like?  I am not sure if we have them much over here, but I see cans of them often in French Hypermarkets'

Edited by Invicta

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Invicta said:

What are palm hearts like?  I am not sure if we have them much over here, but I see cans of them often in French Hypermarkets'

They are crunchy out of the can, but can get rubbery if they aren't boiled for a few minutes before using. I haven't tasted them myself, but Randy likes them really well as a pasta substitute.

Last night I made "disappearing chicken casserole."  It's composed of cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, shredded cheese, green chiles, and shredded  chicken. VERY tasty. I think it would make a good bread dip.

Tonight we will be heading out for an early birthday dinner at Red Robin (early so we can make it to church on time).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

My mom made spaghetti tonight. My oldest niece loves my mom's spaghetti and brings the stuff over for her to make once in a while. Today was that day. She put aside some of the meat sauce for Randy to use with his palmini noodles.

And I have a cold...ugh

• Members

I made spaghetti today.   I did a vegetarian one for Kay and a meat one for myself.  I made enough for a few days, but when I served, I accidentelly served both vegetarian. I will freeze some.

I also have had a cold for the last two days.  I have had a sore throat and lots of coughing and sneezing.   I have been a lot better today, though.

• Members

No I was not well several days before that.  Had leftovers today.  Still some left for tomorrow.  I will probably top the sauce with mashed potato and call in shepherds pie.

We usually eat with my daughter and family on Sunday, and I had two salmon sides in their freezer.  I said they could use them tomorrow as they have a number of visitors for lunch. I said I may not have it as I think I may have developed an allergy to fish. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Tonight I did home made pizza

There is a bakery that is doing meals for those self isolating in Ashford.  They charge a very reasonable price, my daughter said they do it at cost.  She and her husband delivered three of the meals today,  They do them twice a week on Thursday and Sunday,  My daughter, Mary said they may be able to use the church kitchen.  Mary is a coordinator for local help groups.

Edited by Invicta
Spelling

• Members

Yesterday we had a get together at our house and our daughter and son-in-law cooked all of us great meal of chicken, potatoes and gravy, a nice salad, bread, and a cobbler for desert. All of us had a wonderful time of food and fellowship.

• Members
4 hours ago, Alan said:

Yesterday we had a get together at our house and our daughter and son-in-law cooked all of us great meal of chicken, potatoes and gravy, a nice salad, bread, and a cobbler for desert. All of us had a wonderful time of food and fellowship.

I still have half of my pizza dough in the fridge so we will probably have pizza again for one meal.

We can't have get togethers as we are in Lockdown.  We are only supposed to have those who we live with in the house. We are not supposed to have family members visiting.  Our neighbours have ignored that over the weekend as they have had large family barbecues for the last three days, 

Every church and place of worship is closed, the first time that has happened for 600 years, when King John had a fall out with the pope. The Archbishop of Canterbury did a sermon on line from his kitchen.  I didn't listen to it, but I don't suppose it was very inspiring.

• Members

Today I had lunch with a pastor friend of ours and the maintenance worker at church (also a personal friend of mine). We had a fine Chinese lunch with one of my favourites, cashew chicken, with  brown rice, and egg rolls. Always enjoy a good Chinese dish and the fellowship of a pastor friend.