• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

Sounds good Invicta. I love mussels, but have only had them steamed plain and dipped in butter. I have never tried them seasoned. Do you shell them before putting them on the cream and garlic sauce?

Tonight we are having baked macaroni and cheese and fresh asparagus.

• Members
18 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Sounds good Invicta. I love mussels, but have only had them steamed plain and dipped in butter. I have never tried them seasoned. Do you shell them before putting them on the cream and garlic sauce?

Tonight we are having baked macaroni and cheese and fresh asparagus.

I bought them in the supermarket.already prepared, in earthenwere dish. I just put them in the oven for  minutes.  

Macaroni is my most detested pasta.  I like most types of pasta but not macaroni.  I was put off it as a child when my aunt used to give me macaroni milk pudding for desert.    

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 4/21/2019 at 12:07 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

That sounds wonderful Invicta. I have not had fish cakes since I was a child. My mother used to make them quite often. I have lost her recipe. Do you have a recipe you would care to share?

Sorry Jim, no recipe.  I just did what my mum did , that is mash up some left over cooked potato with a fork and some fish mashed the same way, I think she used canned pilchards, but I could be wrong.  I used left over mashed potato and some canned tuna in oil. My mum used to shape them by hand and cook them in the fat from her roast meats, but  I used a hamburger mould and put breadcrumbs in the bottom and an top, and fried them in Olive oil.  We were brought up in the war and there was severe rationing.  One fo the things you couldn't get was olive oil except from a pharmacist in small bottles of about two tablespoons.  

Add any seasoning to taste.

• Moderators

Last night, has steak and pan-fried green beans. Tonight? Who knows? Maybe pork, maybe a sandwich. With my wife still pretty down I am the cook and chief bottle-washer, and with service right after work tonight, hard to say what we will do. But I always come up with something. Fortunately my wife has simple tastes.

• Administrators

@Ukulelemike, please let your wife know I'm praying for her. I hope she gets back on her feet and feeling better soon.

Today we had our monthly potluck, so tonight was leftovers. Three cheese ziti with sweet Italian sausage, meatballs in sweet chili sauce, salad. With German chocolate cake for dessert.

• Moderators
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:32 PM, HappyChristian said:

@Ukulelemike, please let your wife know I'm praying for her. I hope she gets back on her feet and feeling better soon.

Today we had our monthly potluck, so tonight was leftovers. Three cheese ziti with sweet Italian sausage, meatballs in sweet chili sauce, salad. With German chocolate cake for dessert.

Thank you, I will do that. Its been a long road and we're still walking it, but its getting better, just a slooow process. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Thank you, I will do that. Its been a long road and we're still walking it, but its getting better, just a slooow process. 

I hear you on that long road. Ours hasn't been as long as yours, but we're still walking it as well.