• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

I had some fish and chips earlier today. The fish was tender and flaky! That was just a snack; I have several meals in my daily "regimen" (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dinner, dinner). The good part about it is that my BMI is around average. Tonight it's watermelon ice cream from Baskin-Robbins. :P :P :P

• Administrators
On 10/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, Invicta said:

Most salmon we get here is farmed in Scotland.  

I usually do it in the oven, wrapped in foil, with Olive oil, lime juice and topped with lime slices and dill, or if i can't get dill, fennel leaves.

I am originally from the oldest fishing port in the US...Gloucester, Mass. I have always loved any kind of seafood...buuuuuut, can't stand stuff like lemon or lime on any seafood. I like the flavor of the fish too much and things of that nature just hide the flavor for me, all I can taste is the lemon or lime, both of which I do not like at all.

I know, that sounds silly.  but that is just me. I also know that most people like lemon on fish, I'm just not one of them.

• Members

My 9 year old granddaughter, Bethanny, does a lot of the cooking in their family,. She does breakfast, lunch and soetimes supper,

Here is a photo from her post on WhatsApp today.

"Made breakfast for the boys, Luke and George"

Luke is her 14 year old brother and George is 13  from  Hong Kong, who is at bording school and stays with them during the holidays.

Geeorge has been cooking Chinese food for them in the evenings which seems to consist of chicken and noodles in various guises.

Bethany_Breakfast.png

• Administrators

Omega - over rice does sound tasty. I've had it with spaghetti pasta in it, as well. 

Good for your granddaughter, Invicta! 

Tonight hubs will eat more chili. He really enjoyed it last night and is looking forward to rechauffe (leftovers...love the word and finally get to use it ?) tonight.

• Members

We are in France for a few days,  We wanted somewhere that would do a vegetarian meal for my wife. We tried the hotel restaurant without sucess, then the restaurant at the local hypermarket, but they said We could make yo a salad."  My wife said "We can make our own thank you."  So we got a couple of pizzas and took them back to our hotel.  I had a "sauce piquant" (sp?) with mine,   Later my wife complained that the lock on the bathroom door did  not work properly, so I looked at it and it seemed that had been forced and not repaired properly. I had a mini tool set it the car and got that and managed to bend the lever back into shape, so it fitted well, but the spindle as stiff so I assumed it needed a bit of oil. but I cdidn't have any, but then remembered the litle sache of "Sauce Piquant" and lookd at the lable and in English it said "Chili Oil".I squeezed the remainer of the sachet on the spindle and it now works perfectly.

Today we went to the Bible Baptist Church and the pastor and his wife invited us back to lunch.  Had some cold left over pizza for supper.  May have some salad later.

Edited by Invicta

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Invicta said:

We are in France for a few days,  We wanted somewhere that would do a vegetarian meal for my wife. We tried the hotel restaurant without sucess, then the restaurant at the local hypermarket, but they said We could make yo a salad."  My wife said "We can make our own thank you."  So we got a couple of pizzas and took them back to our hotel.  

I had a Hawaiian pizza in Northumbria that came with mushrooms. Is that normal? Over here they're only ham & pineapple.

• Members
9 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Anything Hawaiian is not pizza, therefore not normal.  :laugh:

Pizza has been Americanized by adding unnecessary toppings that is far from the authentic pizza made in Italy. For example: Pizza Margherita in Italy does not gild the lily by masking the superb quality of fresh ingredients ONLY indigenous in certain regions. It's the "quality" of the ingredients, and not the "quantity".