• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

Grilled Rib eye steak and corn on the cob. My wife grilled the steak and it came out perfectly, extremely tender also. Still hot here, but not as hot, only got to 86 F today, but lots of smoke. We have been bathed in forest fire smoke for more than two months. No let up.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Grilled Rib eye steak and corn on the cob. My wife grilled the steak and it came out perfectly, extremely tender also. Still hot here, but not as hot, only got to 86 F today, but lots of smoke. We have been bathed in forest fire smoke for more than two months. No let up.

Ugh to the smoke! We are experiencing it, too. The smoke that is blanketing us is coming from the Canadian fires. There is a fire about an hour from us, but it is heading a different direction. The fire that was 20 minutes from us was helped to end by a good, dousing rain. The wind is supposed to shift in the next day or so and blow away. I sure hope it does, because it's hard on lungs (I'm having some issues).

Our ring of trees seem to be protecting us from the very worst of it. It's still not good - but it hasn't been two months for us!

• Administrators

I love meatloaf, it's wonderful for sandwiches too. We have it fairly often, but when it is cooler. We don't do any cooking that requires and oven in this heat. One exception is that sometimes we will cook an oven dish on the barby. The one we have now has a very accurate thermometer, so it's easy.

• Administrators

We've had a couple of chilly days, so the meatloaf warmed the kitchen. I love meatloaf sandwiches, too. With Randy on low carb, he's not eating sandwiches. So I made more meatloaf so he could have all he wants.

Tonight we grilled steaks and burgers. Our son came for supper. It's so nice to be able to see him more than every few months. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Today is our son's 31st birthday. He is coming after work to watch the Buckeye game with his dad. It will be a bit late, but supper will be garlic & herb chicken wings, buffalo chicken strips, french fries, and for dessert cherry pie with cherry chocolate chunk ice cream (Josh loves cherries).  A goo birthday for him, as well as for us. ?

• Administrators

So today we decided to take our son out for Mexican for one last birthday gift. We enjoyed lunch, and while waiting for him to return from what we THOUGHT was the washroom, we found that the scoundrel had taken care of the entire bill. Such a mensch! ?

• Administrators

Since my hubs has to cut down on his carbs due to diabetes/triglycerides, I decided to try spaghetti squash in lieu of pasta. This past Thursday night my mom fixed spaghetti for our nieces and our oldest niece's boyfriend. I used the squash for Randy, and he said it was ok. A little crunchy...

So he wanted to get more sauce for the rest of the squash. Tonight I will be taking the squash and sauteing it in butter to help soften it a bit more to pasta consistency. And I will be making meatballs/sauce to go along with it. I have to be careful of too much tomato, so I will just have the meatballs with a little mashed potatoes, sans sauce.

Creative cooking has become our way of life. Trying to think of ways for my husband to enjoy his food while cutting the carbs/sugar, as well as making sure his vitamin k intake is balanced so as not to interfere with his Warfarin has almost become an obsession. ?

• Members

Egg, ham and watercress salad.

We moved house two weeks ago today.. On the Saturday evening I passed out. My daughter thought I was having a stroke and I ended up in hospital till Monday pm,  but it was low blood pressure. Seems that I need to dring nore fluids.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Invicta said:

Egg, ham and watercress salad.

We moved house two weeks ago today.. On the Saturday evening I passed out. My daughter thought I was having a stroke and I ended up in hospital till Monday pm,  but it was low blood pressure. Seems that I need to dring nore fluids.

So glad that you're doing alright now! Indeed, push those fluids! I hope you're pretty well settled now.

My mom fixed peppers in tomato sauce tonight. We usually add meat and then eat it on crusty bread. Tonight we just had the peppers/sauce with baguette. Tasty!

• Administrators

Fridays are our grocery shopping days. We do stop at the store during the week at times, but on Fridays, all things being equal, my hubs and I go to town together in the afternoon. Oftimes we will get a bite to eat while we're out.

Today we don't have a lot of shopping to do, but we do need to go to the next town over. I need to pick up some specific items for fall decorations for the church. Our son works in that town, so we will be stopping in to see him (I spent the afternoon with him yesterday, will see him today, tomorrow he comes over to watch the OH state game with his dad and will spend the night, go to church in the morning and spend the day and go to church in the evening [saves him gas that way]...it's so great having him close enough to see him on a regular basis!), and then we will be picking up some Kentucky Fried Chicken for supper.  Yum, yum (and not having to cook after being out shopping it pretty great!).

• Administrators

I made chili for the ladies' lunch today. Tonight I'll be fixing chili cheese fries for our son to enjoy while watching the game. Hubs is going to have leftover KFC. I'll probably eat a bowl of chili complete with fritos, sour cream, and cheese. More yum, yum. ?