• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
On 8/6/2018 at 10:30 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

I can't imagine it being too hot in England, but I have never been there, only heard about its weather. How hot was it Invicta

Nowhere near as hot as there. but it is far too hot for me and too humid,  It has cooled down the last couple of days,  I have to  keep out of the sun as I burn easily.  Because of my skin condition I have to always wear a hat when I am outsude. I don;t know what the temperature was, a bit over 30C I suppose, they had 45C on Portugal several days ago.  I wouldn't have survived that.

Edited by Invicta

• Administrators

Here in northern California we have had a month of 100F or over. We also have  lot of smoke from forest fires. It never goes away because of the great number of fires. It does vary some depending on wind direction.

Sorry to all for posting off topic, I should know better.

• Members
6 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Invicta, I think you should have been born French, You are really into French food.

Cous cous is actually North African, but it is popular in France.  I do like French food.  Here we are about ½ way between London and Calais, including the channel. Although I always worked in London, I rarely go there  now.  Not at all since my daughter and her family moved from Battersea to Ashford, much nearer here. We often go to Calais for the day.  It is much easier driving  and probably much cheaper than going to London by the time you have paid the congestion charge, the polution charge and parking. 

• Administrators

We celebrated our 32nd anniversary this week. It was actually Thursday, so my hubs grilled steak and burgers (our son was supposed to come over but was unable to). Hubs wanted to go out for dinner, too, though, so yesterday we went to Silverdale (the "big" city closest to us...it has places like Olive Garden...). We ate at Red Lobster. We love their Chicken alfredo linguine. We shared a key lime cheesecake-ish dessert. It was delicious, but just spending time with my hubs was priceless.

It was an adventurous journey...I'm posting the details in another thread.