• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

That sounds good Invicta, I'll have to try it.

My wife makes something similar, but without the cream. She cooks it in the microwave, which makes it a very fast cooking time. She does add cheddar cheese and it does puff up. This makes a perfect breakfast sandwich because it is round if you use a round microwave dish. I'll have to try it the way you described because if we use a whisk on the eggs they expand too much in the microwave. The only way they don't expand too much is to just break the yolks, but don't whisk them.

My younger daughter, when she was very young used to do herself eggs in the oven.  I think she got it from a book called "Cooking is a game you can eat."   It gave several fillings you could use but suggested you could add others.  She did it once and we asked her what it was like and she said it wasn't very nice because the lettuce made it soggy

I found a similar recipe in my Magimix book called Vegetable Clafoutis.  Clafoutis is a classic French sweet dish of a batter pudding with cherries in.  But this doesn't have batter and doesn't have cherries.  It is a layer of grated vegetables with the egg and cream mixture on top.  My wife liked this a lot.  http://www.magimix.co.uk/recipes/Spring-vegetable-clafoutis/?categorie=51 The book gives more servings choices  from 2 upwards.

• Administrators

We're just picking tonight (sandwich/salad for me, soup/salad/sandwich for my hubs). Even though it isn't supper, I'm looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. Or brunch, actually. The men of our church are cooking breakfast for we ladies. I have no idea what we're going to have, but I know it's going to be tasty.

• Members
53 minutes ago, (Omega) said:

I had a BIG BLACK SPIDER with beef stroganoff. I ordered delivery because I was too tired to cook. Apparently the chef added a secret ingredient to it. Not bad...not bad at all.

LOL! Reminds me of the time I opened a can of beans, poured them in the pot, and what appeared to be a Palmetto bug poured out with them. Yuck! 

• Administrators

Ugh - back when we had our first garden, the first product was lettuce. We were so excited about having fresh salad. I loved it...until I found HALF a cabbage worm in my half-eaten salad. Yes. Half. That was over 40 years ago and I STILL get sickish thinking about where the other half of the worm went...

Tonight we had chicken, potatoes, veggies, salad (with NO cabbage worms).

• Members
11 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Ugh - back when we had our first garden, the first product was lettuce. We were so excited about having fresh salad. I loved it...until I found HALF a cabbage worm in my half-eaten salad. Yes. Half. That was over 40 years ago and I STILL get sickish thinking about where the other half of the worm went...

Tonight we had chicken, potatoes, veggies, salad (with NO cabbage worms).

I think I'm gonna hurl...

• Members

Today I had salmon for lunch with baked potato and roast vegetables.  

It was a large fillet I had in the freezer which I was keeping for when somebody comes, but nobody did. so I did it today,  Still got enough for another two meals, and there is still one salmon side in the freezer.

• Members

Yesterday I did paella.  I added a good pinch of saffron but although I could taste it there was very little colour.  Today when I took the leftover out of the fridge it was bright yellow.

This evening I did stirfry vegetables in blackbean sauce with egg fried rice.

Edited by Invicta