• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Sounds like a great dinner HC....but I have to ask; were the steaks cooked on the outdoor grill?

No, not this time. Hubs is the one who does the grilling, and he had things he had to get done before supper. So they were cooked on the stove (well, in a pan, too LOL)...but they were still delicious!

• Members

Both of my daughters came over today to help me clear my sheds out.  I did Baked potatoes with grated cheese and baked onion for all except my elder daughter who doesn't like potatoes so she had a pizza from the freezer.  I had got two out, because I thought  one of my grandsons was coming and he is mad about pizza, but he didn't come at the last minute, so Kay and I had it for supper.  Added a few extras to it.

The daughters said  I was not to go to too much trouble.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Speaking of pizza, is my family alone in not liking Papa John's pizza? The sauce has a sweetness to it. Yuck! That was almost $40 wasted and not spent wisely...but I ate it anyway...

I'm not crazy about it, but my hubs likes it. Although it is pricey - or, at least, it was when we last bought it (in Indiana). We have some friends (the man's name is John) who really, really like it. 

We prefer Papa Murphy's. We don't get it very often, but we like the Cowboy pizza. I don't care for sausage and mushroom, so we ask them to add extra pepperoni and another veggie. They do and don't charge for it, so that's nice. 

This Sunday is "October Surprise" at church. Hubs told everyone to come hungry, but didn't tell them why.  We are buying several pizzas and will bring salad, perhaps some chips. I think they'll enjoy themselves.

Tonight we had homemade beef/veggie soup.

• Members
13 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Haha! No sir...2 large pizzas, some kind of dessert, and a delivery fee.

I am not sure if we have a pizza place in our town.  We have a Domino's in Herne Bay, which is about five miles down the coast.  They keep sending us leaflets, but we have not bought any from them.  The Usually have offers where you can buy two of any size for a certain amount.  They include free delivery if you spend a certain amount, I think it is £15 but not sure as I have never used them. 

We have three takeaways about ¼ mile away, one Indian/Bangladeshi, one Chinese and one English fish and chips.  Oh there is another one which is a new startup but I can't remember the name or what they do but is different from all the others.  There is another Fish place, it used to be called The Happy Fryer, then it was Ernie's Plaice, now it is Ian's Plaice. We have only been in the restaurant side and I usually have Liver with Bacon and onions with gravy.  Last time we went there they didn't have any liver.

• Members
1 hour ago, Invicta said:

I am not sure if we have a pizza place in our town.  We have a Domino's in Herne Bay, which is about five miles down the coast.  They keep sending us leaflets, but we have not bought any from them.  The Usually have offers where you can buy two of any size for a certain amount.  They include free delivery if you spend a certain amount, I think it is £15 but not sure as I have never used them. 

We have three takeaways about ¼ mile away, one Indian/Bangladeshi, one Chinese and one English fish and chips.  Oh there is another one which is a new startup but I can't remember the name or what they do but is different from all the others.  There is another Fish place, it used to be called The Happy Fryer, then it was Ernie's Plaice, now it is Ian's Plaice. We have only been in the restaurant side and I usually have Liver with Bacon and onions with gravy.  Last time we went there they didn't have any liver.

Well, perhaps this will show my lack of taste...but Domino's is actually my favorite pizza...as far as take-out or delivery pizzas are concerned.

• Members

Just looked on Domino's website.  Took a bit of time as it kept taking me to the Australian site.  It seems we do have a Domino's at Tankerton on the edge of town.  About 2 miles away.  They do two any size Pizzas for £19.98.  It didn't show any delivery charge.

• Administrators

I like Domino's, too. We'll get that once in a while. I call it in and hubs picks it up. I love their thin crust pepperoni with green peppers, black olives, and onions.  Of course, adding those toppings is expensive, so we rarely do it.

I baked two of the pizzas for tomorrow tonight (and had to sample to make sure it was ok...that was my dinner :51_scream: ). Tomorrow after church we'll put the others in the oven to bake and folks can nosh on what's already done while they wait. Papa Murphy's has a new one - bacon cheeseburger. I'm looking forward to trying that one.