• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
12 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

No sir...I just cut them into quarters (or more depending on the size of the potatoes) and go from there. I like them roughly cut up into about 3/4" to 1" pieces.

Judging by your previous post...does that mean that your house has been sold?

We have a buyer, but all the legal stuff has to be done. and my daughter has to sell her house as well. She has had a number of viewers but none have offered to buy it.  It still could all fall through.

• Administrators

My wife tells me we are going to have a shrimp stir fry this evening. A few years ago I made up a recipe for this that we now use all the time. It works even for other than shrimp, I have made it with chicken and pork also.

• Members

I have a pizza-esque dish that I like making. 

Get a flour tortilla, spread salsa on it (for the sauce), add a thin layer of mozzarella cheese, add chopped fresh spinach and meat that has already been cooked (my favorite is roast), add another thin layer of mozzarella...

Broil until the cheese melts and turns a little brown (the tortilla edges may brown too).

Then enjoy...and don't let anyone else have any, because you'll want it all. :laugh:

• Members

I am not a great pizza fan.  I tolerate them when we are short of time and have one in the freezer.

I did lambs liver, bacon and onions this evening with baby potatoes, green beans and carrot.

• Administrators

The lambs liver with bacon and onions sounds great Invicta.

But frozen pizza is not real pizza. Real pizza is an art form. I love real pizza from a good pizzaria, Even the ones from the large pizza chains are mock pizza at best.

• Members
13 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

The lambs liver with bacon and onions sounds great Invicta.

But frozen pizza is not real pizza. Real pizza is an art form. I love real pizza from a good pizzaria, Even the ones from the large pizza chains are mock pizza at best.

I agree with you there Jim.  What about those machines in the street where you put your money in and choose which one you want and then after a few minutes it turns it out?  

We had a nice pizza in an Italian place in Amsterdam.  One of those where the chef tosses the dough. in the air and spins it round.

We also went to a small village by the Lac du Der in France, and the only eating place was a pizzeria.  The did other meals up to abut 1.30 pm but after that they only serves pizza.   The pizzas were very good and the thinnest I have had, almost like water biscuits.  

There is a thing the French do which is similar to pizza called Flammekueche or 'flam for short.  They originate in Alsace.  They are like a very thin pizza base spread with fromage frais, topped with bacon bits (lardons) and onions, sometimes with a little grated Emmental cheese. It is said they originated in the days when the only oven in a village was the baker, and when he finished his bread for the day villagers would take their 'flams to him and he would cook them in his oven as it cooled down.  They would then roll them like wraps and take them home and eat them with their fingers. I quite like those.

• Members

Do you have those pizza distributors over there?  

I expect we have them here but I have never seen one.

We were driving in France and were looking for somewhere to eat.  We saw a sign, "Distribiteur de pizza au village"   Pizza distributor in village.  We turned into the village and all we found was a machine like a cash machine that gave pizzas instead of Cash.  We left hungry.

We should  have realised as a "Distribiteur de Bllets" is a cash machine,

This was not the one we saw but it was similar.

https://www.adial-france.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/MA-PIZZA-BY-LA-CANTINE-Saran.jpg4

Edited by Invicta