• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
1 hour ago, Invicta said:

Tomato omelette with asparaus.  My asparagus is growing well.  It has the shortest season of any British vegetable so I will make the most of it.

Asparagus has a short season here in S.E. Ohio too. We used to eat it with a white cream sauce over it. There are so many great ways to fix asparagus. My daughter-in-law introduced me to asparagus with olive oil sprinkled on, then shake on parmesan cheese, and baked in the oven. Very good with most Italian meals.

Edited by 1Timothy115

• Members
On 02/05/2017 at 0:35 AM, 1Timothy115 said:

Asparagus has a short season here in S.E. Ohio too. We used to eat it with a white cream sauce over it. There are so many great ways to fix asparagus. My daughter-in-law introduced me to asparagus with olive oil sprinkled on, then shake on parmesan cheese, and baked in the oven. Very good with most Italian meals.

My wife likes it on its own with salt, pepper and butter.  I like it with vinagrette. I have tried baking it without much success, my friends bake it very well. Most of the year stores sell it from Peru, they seem to be able to grow it all the year.

• Members
3 hours ago, Invicta said:

My wife likes it on its own with salt, pepper and butter.  I like it with vinagrette. I have tried baking it without much success, my friends bake it very well. Most of the year stores sell it from Peru, they seem to be able to grow it all the year.

I've been told Peru is the leader in asparagus production. I know there must be many recipes on line but, if you want to have an 'Italian' night for your wife I'm sure I can get the recipe from my daughter-in-law. If you celebrate Mother's Day over there...it might be a nice surprise!

• Members
1 hour ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I've been told Peru is the leader in asparagus production. I know there must be many recipes on line but, if you want to have an 'Italian' night for your wife I'm sure I can get the recipe from my daughter-in-law. If you celebrate Mother's Day over there...it might be a nice surprise!

We do have mothers day here but it was over a month ago.  We don't celebrate it as my wife thinks it seems like mariology, I would appreciate the recipé  though. 

• Members
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:39 PM, Invicta said:

We do have mothers day here but it was over a month ago.  We don't celebrate it as my wife thinks it seems like mariology, I would appreciate the recipé  though. 

It will be coming...soon.

• Members

In France the Féte de Méres is the last Sunday in May.  We were once in a French supermarket on the day berore, and all the ladies were given a red rose at the checkout. 

Tuna and feta salad this evening.

• Members
5 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Well, no tacos. My hubs had to go to work tonight. So we just had hamburger patties and macaroni and cheese. Tacos sometime.

Whew! That was close! It all worked out, because it was no longer Cinco de Mayo here (when you posted that). ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here is a recipe I tried recently and really like.  It is spicy hot so beware.  take one to several Jalapenos and slice very thin across the circumference (I leave the seeds in them), add a little olive oil to a skillet and turn on medium heat, place the Jalapenos in the skillet and fry them adding Montreal Steak spice.  Fry till light brown and eat with your favorite foods.  the taste is addictive (at least to me).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...