• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

Invicta, not liking pork is borderline heresy. Just my opinion....

It is hard, to impossible to beat a pork roast properly caramelized so that the fat is crisped. The gravy this makes is second to none, again, just my opinion.... 

• Members
22 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Pork, beef, lamb, goat, chicken, turkey, duck, goose, rabbit, et al, it's ALL gooood.  We even named one of our new kittens Ham. Granted, it is because we named them Ham, Shem and Japheth. But Ham looks like he will live up to his name, as he is getting bigger than his brothers.

Tonight, being payday, we go to our one little local diner, the Sunspot, before church service, where I will indulge in one of the best burgers you can find between here and Reno, a bacon cheese burger. I would like the double, but it is hard to fit, even in my big mouth.

We have also seen Kangaroo steaks and ostrich.  In France you also get horse steaks, roasting joints and burgers. In one large French market I counted 13 butchers vans, about ½ dozen were chevaline, horse butchers.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Invicta said:

We have also seen Kangaroo steaks and ostrich.  In France you also get horse steaks, roasting joints and burgers. In one large French market I counted 13 butchers vans, about ½ dozen were chevaline, horse butchers.

We used to have a family with ostriches in our church, and they would serve them up at potlucks. Never had Roo while I was in Australia, as far as I know, though I ate monkey meat in the Philippines, and honestly, who knows what else. Had stingray in Malaysia, though generally not a big seafood fan.

• Moderators

We've maintained a family tradition that on your birthday we make the supper you want. One of my granddaughters turned 4 today so we had what she wanted.

Fish, shrimp, collard greens with cabbage, crookneck squash, carrots along with macaroni and cheese.

There's a 4 year old with good taste!!!

• Members

When it is my wife's birthday, I ask her what she would like me to cook for her, she says you decide you know what  I like better than I do. As she is vegetarian I have to think up something special.  

At our seniors lunch on Tuesday,  I was asked to do the vegetarian option.  I did a potato and leek gratin, I didn't think there was enough protein in it so I added a tin of Butter beans,  (I think you may call them something different, I think I have heard them referred to as Lima beans, I think the French call them Spanish beans. French butter beans are  creamy version of what we call green beans.)  But i digress, those who take the veggie option, apart from my wife are not veggies, they just like the veggie option better than the meat. We have 3 that don't like pork, 1 doesn't like beef, they all prefer the veggie option. On Tuesday, they all said it was delicious except me, I thought I had missed something from the seasoning, (I don't like pork)  

Today I had Basque style chicken with steamed Charlotte potatoes and vegetables for lunch, probably have some sort of salad for supper.

• Administrators

Egg salad, as most people know it here in the states, is not really a salad like you pictured. Ours usually consists of egg mashed with mayonnaise, some add a bit of onion or other spice. This egg salad is usually, but not always, served as a sandwich on bread.

• Administrators

We had homemade nachos tonight. We didn't have any refried beans, so I opened a can of chili to put on my hubs' nachos along with his taco meat and other stuff. He ate a few bites and told me from now on he wanted chili instead of refrieds on his nachos. =D

• Members
9 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

We had homemade nachos tonight. We didn't have any refried beans, so I opened a can of chili to put on my hubs' nachos along with his taco meat and other stuff. He ate a few bites and told me from now on he wanted chili instead of refrieds on his nachos. =D

Wise man!