• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Invicta said:

I bought an American Black Angus Steak in Tesco once, very nice but they don't seem to do it anymore.

Invicta, it may have something to do with price. American beef prices have skyrocketed in the past year or two. I look in the meat department of our store and just move on when it comes to beef. A decent steak now sells for $16 U.S. That's way too rich for my blood.

That picture of a Black Angus bull that Bro. Gary posted is a magnificent animal, but it is way past butchering stage. A bull of that age would not taste a good as a younger one and would most likely be very tough.

Black Angus is a very good choice in beef, it is hard to match the flavor with other breed.

• Members
15 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Invicta, it may have something to do with price. American beef prices have skyrocketed in the past year or two. I look in the meat department of our store and just move on when it comes to beef. A decent steak now sells for $16 U.S. That's way too rich for my blood.

That picture of a Black Angus bull that Bro. Gary posted is a magnificent animal, but it is way past butchering stage. A bull of that age would not taste a good as a younger one and would most likely be very tough.

Black Angus is a very good choice in beef, it is hard to match the flavor with other breed.

The one I bought was 25% of the price for quick sale or it would have been out of my price range.  Most steaks are.  The one I bought was Black Angus sirloin and was very tender and tasty,  They also had Black Angus rump steaks.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Memorial Day Weekend and sunshine and 80 degrees! Let the Barbecue Season officially begin!!!  Starting out with baby back ribs today, with peppers, onion, and mushroom kabobs. Fresh strawberry lemonade and strawberry shortcake for desert.

• Members

Going to my grandson's wedding on 2nd July.  I have been asked to do some quiches.  I am rubbish at making pastry, but came across a recipe for a crustless quiche. Each one serves about 12 for buffets.   I did one for lunch.  It was broad bean, asparagus and mint quiche. I liked it but my wife din't like the texture.  I will try it out on people at church tomorrow.   I will try out different fillings during the month. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, after finding out that my blood-pressure is dangerously high, I've made a lot of changes to try and correct it naturally first. Now I eat throughout the day, and my meals (other than breakfast) consist of a salad. The salad is...

Fresh spinach and broccoli, bell pepper, carrots, raw zucchini, raw squash, cucumber, onion, tomato, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, black beans, seared/baked chicken breast, and sliced almonds. The dressing is extra virgin olive oil with red vinegar, a few Italian herbs, and a small amount of Dijon Mustard.

I eat that 3 times a day.

Snacks are 1 piece of dark chocolate a day, a slice of whole wheat bread twice throughout the day, apples, and occasional carrots and cucumber.

Soft drinks are gone.

Coupled with walking every other day, I've already seen (and felt) a huge difference! I've also lost 12 pounds in the 2 weeks I've been doing this.

Edited by No Nicolaitans
Forgot the salad dressing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

We are on  holiday in France at the moment.  We are a bit skint so I  brought my rice cooker with us.  Had a meal a couple of days ago in the hotel, and the portions were small nd not very warm.  Went to church in the morning and pastor and his wife invited us back to lunch together with an African family Carine and here children Daniel and Danielle (twins)  and Samuel. They are asylum seekers but have been told they have to leave France.  They have just returned from camp in Belgium.where the youngest, Samuel got a gold medal, not for running, but for learning all or a large part of Psalm 119 .  He is about 9 or 10 .

Whwn we got back to our hotel I did vegetable soup