• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

Oh, I love it! But I don't know how to make it. Can I have your recipe?

Sure. 

1 1/2 large heads of broccoli; 1/2 c butter; 1 small onion; 1/2 c. flour; 2 c. milk; 1 c. grated cheddar cheese; 2 cans chicken broth (homemade is best if you have it)

Cook cut up broccoli until tender. Saute onions in the butter until transparent. Stir in flour and cook 5 minutes. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheese. Blend until smooth. Puree 1/2 of the broccoli and leave 1/2 in pieces. Slowly add chicken broth to sauce. Then add broccoli and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

• Administrators

I think we're having pig tonight...not in a blanket, though. :coverlaugh:

We are going to a friend's house for supper. She is planning on pulled pork sandwiches and sweet potato fries.  I'm hoping that is what is on the menu - we love pulled pork, and hubs will enjoy the fries.

• Members

I have not thought about supper yet, But for lunch I had a roast in the bag duck crown, shared a baked potato with my wife had roast parsnips and celeriac, and for my wife roast mushrooms and Courgettes, red onion and tomato with herbs topped with grated cheese, and steamed extra fine beans, carrot, and celery.  So we won't need much supper.

Edited by Invicta

• 2 weeks later...