• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Yesterday evening I did think of doing pizza, but didn't really fancy it.  I had some tomatoes from the garden that had bits that needed cutting out and cooking, so I did a sort of gratin.  Chopped the tomatoes, some onion and red pepper and added smoked bacon bits (lardons) to mine and mushrooms for Kay.  Put them into two gratin dishes, added some garlic and parsley and put in the oven for ½ hour or so till they were cooked and topped mine with grated Cheddar cheese and Kay's with sliced goats cheese, put them back in the oven till the cheese was melted, then served it with wholegrain bread and butter.  

• Members

Ham, tomato, with watercress from the garden in French bread.  

I am surprised I still have watercress in the garden, I turned it out from my waterfall as it siphoned the water out and emptied my pond.  I dropped it at the bottom of my garden and with all the rain we had over the last couple of months, it has flourished. Jack Frost is well overdue this year and when he arrives he will kill my watercress.  I may be able to prolong it if I cover it with cloches.  

• Members

Slow cooked beef and vegetable stew.  I was intending to have it for lunch, but as I was about to serve it I thought the meat had shrunk, then I realized that I hadn't added the meat, so I added the meat and had it for  supper, which didn't work out too badly as our former foster son was supposed to come for lunch but he didn't turn up till mid afternoon, so we had it this evening, served with rice

• Members

Egg bacon and tomatoes.

Just heard the news that today was the hottest November day on record being warm and sunny reaching 22C  in Wales. But not here it wasn't.  It was cold and thick mist all day and fog this evening.

Edited by Invicta