• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

FG, I too have migranes - "sick headaches" that can last for two or three days. The worst thing in the world is to medicate them - this can lead to rebound headaches. I usually just go to bed until they go away, but I have not had one for several months now.

I plan to cook Southern Style Turnip Greens for supper tonight (cooked in a crock pot so it simmers all day long) with a skillet of cornbread, fried taters, and deviled eggs, and a large gallon jug of sweet iced tea. I might stop at the produce stand and get some maters to slice up and eat with it. A scoop of ice cream for dessert (it's too hot to bake pies and stuff!)

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I know pride is bad, but being excited about dinner ain't is it???

Tonight I really put on a real good shew tonight, ok for the wife but I was EXcited..

I wooped a bag of frozen Salmon out of the freezer
Made a big green tossed salad, basic lettuce, cucumber, onions, tamaters,,,,,
Stuck the wife a big Idaho spud on the cooker and me a BIG sweet potato,
Took that Salmon, put sliced butter on a big foil,
cover it with lemon slices,
Garlic bits form a clove,
Salmon, then back out with more lemon
butter
and garlic, wrap it up tight, put in on the barby on 312 about,
as soon as lit looks like a jiffy pop deal I flip it over,
wait for the jiffy pop thing again,
I served it all in less than one hour.,,,, :drool :drool :drool :drool

My turn to cook. :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :java: :hungry:

• Members

We had Swedish Meatballs. :thumb

btw, what's the deal with the dates? The one before btgs is July of '06. :huh:

Yeah, I was kinda wonderin' about that myself. I mean, I know there have been other posts between July 21, '06 and yesterday.

Bro. Matt?

• Administrators

Hmmm, no posts in here have been pruned in this thread or forum. I will look and see why the dates are off. :puzzled:

Edit: It does look like the dates are correct. I did notice that we have another thread in this same forum that is very similar to this one, and for awhile people were posting what's for dinner in that thread. That thread is called, "What's for Dinner tonight?

• Members

Hmmm, no posts in here have been pruned in this thread or forum. I will look and see why the dates are off. :puzzled:

Edit: It does look like the dates are correct. I did notice that we have another thread in this same forum that is very similar to this one, and for awhile people were posting what's for dinner in that thread. That thread is called, "What's for Dinner tonight?

Ahhhhh! Mystery solved! :thumb So then this old "dinner" thread was just recently *ahem* "resurrected" then. :lol