• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Fresh Dungeness Crab caught in Bandon, OR during our Father/Son camping trip!  Eaten with a wide variety of cheeses from Face Rock Creamery in Bandon we toured, along with steaks we brought not knowing the Lord would bless us with so many crab.  It was a great surf and turf!

Note to self:  Cracking open and eating crab legs in the open air attracts the attention of an incredible number of Seagulls.  Rain gear recommended...

• Members

What are Dungeness Crabs?  Are they radioactive?  The only Dungeness  I know is in South East England, on the coast, not too many miles from here.  Its main claim to fame is its two nuclear power stations both overdue to close.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
  1. Dungeness crab
    Animal
  2. The Dungeness crab, Metacarcinus magister, is a species of crab that inhabits eelgrass beds and water bottoms on the west coast of North America. Wikipedia
  4. Scientific nameCancer magister
  5. RankSpecies

Very delicious and plentiful off the coast of Oregon.  

• Members

My tomatoes have just begun, they are much later than last year.  They are not looking all that healthy in the greenhouse,the plants which I bought from various garden centres. Those in the garden which I raised from seed are looking much healthier but are nowhere near producing yet.

Tonight we had vegetable soup as our fridge-freezer went wrong and was replaced today and I used up vegetables in the fridge.  The one they replaced was installed in the middle of March and we had three call-outs and they replaced two fans and 'units' and two freezer door seals till I said that is enough.  When the installers complained about the tight corners they had to get it round, I said "If you made a fridge that lasted more than four months you wouldn't have to install this one.

Pizza.  Arrived back late from our church business meeting so needed something quick, so pizza from the freezer.

• Members

Country style pork ribs for the barbecue tonight, with sweet corn and a walla walla sweet onion also grilled on the barbecue, fresh picked Swiss chard from my garden, watermelon, and sun tea (unsweetened).  Peach cobbler from fresh local u-pick Alberta peaches. 

• Members

Country style pork ribs for the barbecue tonight, with sweet corn and a walla walla sweet onion also grilled on the barbecue, fresh picked Swiss chard from my garden, watermelon, and sun tea (unsweetened).  Peach cobbler from fresh local u-pick Alberta peaches. 

Yummy,  Not keen on chard though. I grew rainbow chard the last two or three years but we never got around to using it so I didn't grow it this year.  I am growing rainbow beetroot and you can eat the leaves of those, but we probably won't.  Went to France for the day today and had French bread and cheese on the ferry on the way back and chips and onion rings when we got home.