• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Starter salad then fish and chips.  Lettuce was my own produce. had them in pots in my greenhouse but the storms earlier this month broke some of the glass so I brought some of them into my conservatory and they are doing well.  I had three varieties, Winter Gem, All year Round and Four Season Marvel.  The last one is the only one doing well.

• Administrators

Tonight's the men's barbecue at church so I need to figure out what I want for supper.  I'm thinking pizza, but I'm not sure what lunch will be (this is our work lunch day), so have to wait to decide.

Our church has had the father/son and mother/daughter banquets in late January and early February for years. That way the college students can be there, and it is one of the slower times of our year.  For the past two years, the father/son banquet has been changed to a men's barbecue.  Our pastor said that it's kind of weird to invite a man to a banquet...and creepy in this day and age.  :ROFL:   I'm jealous, though, because they get pulled pork barbecue - the recipe belongs to one of the men in our church who has won awards for his barbecue. It is delicious!  :icon_smile:

• Members

Time to clean out my refrigerator...So who knows what mix and match meal I will have.  I have found though that anything can be made edible if you put it in a tortilla and douse it with enough cheese and salsa.  I think unlike last time, I am going to smell everything carefully and skip the fuzzy ones. 

Bro. Garry

• Members

There was a report on the news this evening that two have been jailed after their Christmas turkey left one man dead and many more with serious food poisoning.  It was said they warmed the turkey up.  I thought it was normal to reheat it providing it is done properly.  perhaps they didn't heat it up to the correct temperature, or perhaps they heated it more than once.  It has just been on the news again just now.   It seems they had falsified the food records. There were 33 with food poisoning.

Tonight I had prawn risotto, and I did mushroom risotto for Kay.

• Moderators

Starter salad then fish and chips.  Lettuce was my own produce. had them in pots in my greenhouse but the storms earlier this month broke some of the glass so I brought some of them into my conservatory and they are doing well.  I had three varieties, Winter Gem, All year Round and Four Season Marvel.  The last one is the only one doing well.

I wish I had a conservatory.

Hopefully tonight its a cheeseburger and maybe some goat's milk.