• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

Oh, John...I love cheese, but not with my pb&j!  

Tonight, we are going to try a new product.  Long John Silvers now has salt and vinegar chips (homemade potato chips) instead of fries. They are offering an inexpensive (the only ones we can afford) deal to get some, so my hubby wanted to try it. So our date night meal tonight will be fish and chips while we play a game - prOBably Scrabble.

• Administrators

Jim if its that good how about sharing the recipe

sammich and peaches

Here ya go lady:

Stir Fried Shrimp

For two people you will need:

One bag, stir fry frozen veggies.

One half of a two pound bag of frozen shrimp. (2 lb. is cheaper per pound than one pound bags)

I like raw shrimp rather than cooked. Less tendency to overcook.

White rice.

Toasted Sesame Oil.

Soy Sauce.

Olive Oil.

Honey.

Johnny's Seasoning.

Fresh Garlic Clove

Garlic Powder.

One med white onion

First you put the rice on to cook.

Take one cup of regular rice, not minute rice.

Then bring two cups of water to a boil, add a pat or two of butter and 1/2 tsp salt.

When the water comes to a boil, pour in the rice and turn the heat down to number two and a half.

Put a lid on the pan of rice and simmer at this setting for 20 minutes, use a timer.

When done, take it off the burner and add a couple tablespoons of butter or margarine.

Fluff up the rice a little with a fork.

I usually start peeling the shrimp and cooking the stir fry veggies while the rice is cooking.

Peel half of a 2 lb. bag of shrimp.

Slice one the white onion, press 5 cloves of fresh garlic. Lightly sauté the onion and garlic until soft.

Add the onion and garlic to one bag of stir fry veggies and cook in open skillet.

I liberally shake some Johnny's seasoning and Garlic Powder on the veggies.
Don't overcook the veggies.

The liquid part of this recipe you will just have to guess at. Moderation is the key

I add some toasted sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce.

When veggies are almost done, I add a liberal amount of honey. (if you add the honey sooner it will burn)

When veggies are done, remove from the heat and cover the pan.

Now start cooking the shrimp in an open skillet.

Add some toasted sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce, and honey. (honey last so it mixes well with the oils)

Not very much of the sesame oil, a little goes a long way.

Shrimp cook really fast, don't over cook. They should all be evenly colored when done. If they start shrinking, they are being over cooked.

When shrimp are done, add them to the stir fry veggies, then add the rice, mix well with a large spoon and cover the pan.

That's it!

• Members

Making what I call a "Dagwood".  Dagwood being Blondies husband in the comic strip and he was famous for making massive sandwiches with just about everything in the refrigerator on them.  Going to make one with Ham, Sliced Turkey, Beef, Cotto Salami, Pepper Jack Cheese, tomato, SweetFire pickles, deli mustard with horseradish hips,  and Mayo.  Dill pickle spears on the side. 

Bro. Garry

• Members

Here ya go lady:

Stir Fried Shrimp

For two people you will need:

One bag, stir fry frozen veggies.

One half of a two pound bag of frozen shrimp. (2 lb. is cheaper per pound than one pound bags)

I like raw shrimp rather than cooked. Less tendency to overcook.

White rice.

Toasted Sesame Oil.

Soy Sauce.

Olive Oil.

Honey.

Johnny's Seasoning.

Fresh Garlic Clove

Garlic Powder.

One med white onion

First you put the rice on to cook.

Take one cup of regular rice, not minute rice.

Then bring two cups of water to a boil, add a pat or two of butter and 1/2 tsp salt.

When the water comes to a boil, pour in the rice and turn the heat down to number two and a half.

Put a lid on the pan of rice and simmer at this setting for 20 minutes, use a timer.

When done, take it off the burner and add a couple tablespoons of butter or margarine.

Fluff up the rice a little with a fork.

I usually start peeling the shrimp and cooking the stir fry veggies while the rice is cooking.

Peel half of a 2 lb. bag of shrimp.

Slice one the white onion, press 5 cloves of fresh garlic. Lightly sauté the onion and garlic until soft.

Add the onion and garlic to one bag of stir fry veggies and cook in open skillet.

I liberally shake some Johnny's seasoning and Garlic Powder on the veggies.
Don't overcook the veggies.

The liquid part of this recipe you will just have to guess at. Moderation is the key

I add some toasted sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce.

When veggies are almost done, I add a liberal amount of honey. (if you add the honey sooner it will burn)

When veggies are done, remove from the heat and cover the pan.

Now start cooking the shrimp in an open skillet.

Add some toasted sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce, and honey. (honey last so it mixes well with the oils)

Not very much of the sesame oil, a little goes a long way.

Shrimp cook really fast, don't over cook. They should all be evenly colored when done. If they start shrinking, they are being over cooked.

When shrimp are done, add them to the stir fry veggies, then add the rice, mix well with a large spoon and cover the pan.

That's it!

Sounds good.  I would add some chopped fresh ginger to it. I always use fresh veggies, or ones that I have frozen like leeks, fennel,   

Although I always use olive oil for stir fries, they say you shouldn't as it breaks down under the heat.  You should use groundnut oil instead which stand the high heat used in stir fries.