• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Lunch didn't go too well today.  I put the oven on the timer to finish when we got home from church, or so I thought, but when we arrived home the food had been cooked and the oven cooled down. I must have set the timer incorrectly.

It was edible, though.

When we arrived home I did a baked Bramley apple and Kay and I shared it,  It was delicious.

Baked apple. For each person.

Wash and core a large cooking apple such as Bramley (the best) or Newton Wonder.  Place in an ovenproof dish such as a gratin dish.  Fill the cavity with brown sugar.  I prefer dark brown but today used Demerara as that is all I had. Pour a tablespoonful of water over the sugar.  It will go down so add more sugar.  Add some raisins to the dish and a few chopped semi dried apricots,By this time the sugar in the cavity will have gone down a bit so top it up again  Drizzle some runny honey aver the apple, I used acacia.  Bake in the oven till it is done to your taste. About 180-200C or 375-400F   When serving pour the syrup and fruit over the apple.  

• Administrators

Ha - I had a meatloaf in the oven once and when we got home it was RAW!  The oven didn't work at all. We had a guest evangelist over for dinner, and he and my hubby dug in and were going on about how good it was.  And then I went to take a bite and found it was raw.  I couldn't believe they ate it anyway.  Meatloaf tartar.  Ugh!

Tonight we'll be having tuna casserole. Possibly garlic cheese biscuits. And veggies.  I've got a butternut squash I need to cook up.  I have an idea of how to cook it, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open...

• Members

Making beef stew again with lots of fresh tomatoes and carrots and parsnips and onions from garden.  I have got to use a lot of tomatoes, they just keep coming on, and on, and on . . . . .

Think I'll make some homemade biscuits too . . . . and slather on the butter.  I've just put on ten pounds thinking about it.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Members

Making beef stew again with lots of fresh tomatoes and carrots and parsnips and onions from garden.  I have got to use a lot of tomatoes, they just keep coming on, and on, and on . . . . .

Think I'll make some homemade biscuits too . . . . and slather on the butter.  I've just put on ten pounds thinking about it.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Glad you have lots of tomatoes.  Mine have almost finished.  I had quite a few earlier on but most of my plants died.  I did freeze quite a few and use them for cooking in stews etc.

Today my daughter and family came to lunch and I did duck, and roast potatoes.   For supper our grandson stayed and I did salad with canned sardines.

My grandson is going to university this month and has just heard he has been awarded a bursary by an  international company.

• Members

High protein, low fat, low calorie focus for a while until I get my weight heading in the right direction again.  Tonight will be Salmon, and grilled asparagus.  Dessert will be 1 cup of plain frozen blueberries.  Protein shake (30 grams protein, 160 cal) for a late 10 am breakfast, skip lunch.  

• Administrators

Dinner last night got changed from tuna casserole to homemade burgers. Num!  I had leftovers for lunch today.

Tonight, homemade chili.  I put it together last night to sit in the fridge and let the spices meld together.  It's in the crockpot now, cooking and cooking away.  We will have cheese, sour cream, fritos, and crackers to go along with it (and peanut butter sandwich if my hubby wants).  Oh, and milk to drink.  :icon_smile: