• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Going to be a gorgeous day today.  Friends have invited me out for a bike ride in the mountains to a favorite waterfall, so tonight will be trail food that can be packed in my bike bag.   Salty Trail Mix, jerky (beef, bear, and antelope), dried fruits, carrot sticks, power bars, and LOTS of water.  

• Members

Never go into the mountains unprepared and the first and most important prep is with God's mountain words!

Psalm 46:3 (KJV)
3  Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.

Psalm 50:11 (KJV)
11  I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine. 

Psalm 65:6 (KJV)
6  Which by his strength setteth fast the mountains; being girded with power: 

Psalm 72:3 (KJV)
3  The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness. 

Psalm 76:4 (KJV)
4  Thou art more glorious and excellent than the mountains of prey. 

Psalm 87:1 (KJV)
1  His foundation is in the holy mountains. 

Psalm 90:2 (KJV)
2  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. 

Psalm 148:7 (KJV)
7  Praise the LORD from the earth, 

Psalm 148:9 (KJV) 

9  Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars: 

• Members

HC  have you ever put sour cream in mashed potatoes?  so good

I don't like greasy food either.. I seldom fry anything... I prefer grilled

I had pea soup and egg salad sammichs last night

Actually I put crème fraîche, which is a type of sour cream, in my mashed potatoes today which I used to top my shepherds pie.   

The best mashed potatoes IMHO, are with crème fraîche and powdered garlic or saffron.  Soak the saffron in a little warm milk first, but don't use too much saffron, just a pinch as it has plenty of flavour. It is also rather expensive, about £11,000 per kilo.  

• Members

Annual harvest festival and canning party at friends place after church.  About 5 families all gather for an assembly line canning of all our garden vegetables.  The set up is amazingly efficient and we will can literally, no exaggeration, can hundreds of jars today.  Using 8 portable, propane fueled canning burners, and two long professional stainless steal portable counters with deep sinks and disposals at the ends for cutting and prep.  Everyone has a jOB from 5 year olds on up.  Myself and my associate pastor are the designated cooks for the afternoon, and we will be kept busy keeping about 30 adults and kids, fed and hydrated.  

Warning!  What is done with all the rejected vegetables that didn't pass inspection (bug holes, over ripe. etc..) at the end of this?

FOOD FIGHT!  It is INSANE!

Bro. Garry

• Administrators

Sounds like a great time, 2b!

Rosie, I do love sour cream with any type of potatoes. Invicta, I'll have to try creme fraiche in them some time. I'm not too fond of garlic mashed. I got pretty sick one time when making them and just can't handle them now - even though it wasn't from the potatoes.

Today's lunch was chicken strips and onion rings.