• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

College game day!  Today it will be Nacho's, buffalo wings, beef ribs, pizza, wide variety of chips, 7 layer dip, peppercini dip,  stuffed Jalapeno's, jojo potatoes, relish dish, watermelon, soda, and prOBaly 30 christian but insane and screaming fans gathered around a 80" screen watching the Ducks POUND Michigan State!  

The first one of you who asks me if Duck is one of the things on the menu... :knuppel:  :boxing:

We instead are going to have a "Spartan" diet..

Edited by 2bLikeJesus

• Members

Who doesn't know the Ducks?

I don't, but I used to keep ducks.  I saw in the TV listings that Dr Who was going to meet ROBin Hood in Sherwood Forest this evening.  (Didn't watch it.)

Tonight I did ham and cheese omelette with salad.

A couple of questions for the jalepeño experts.

1.  I had one a couple of days ago which was very hot.  I had one today that was not hot at all.  They were from the same plant and picked at the same time.  Any idea why?

2.  Do you save the seeds for next year?

3.  Do you keep the plants from one year to the next?

Edited by Invicta

• Members

On that side of the pond the Ducks aren't likely as well known, even if I do know who Manchester United is tho I'm way over here.

I watched Dr. Who a lot in my youth. I think it was Tom Baker that was my favorite. Being in my youth, I usually like his female assistants too.

At that time I watched it at 10 pm so supper was already over and I was needing to get to bed before someone caught me staying up so late on a school night.

• Members

I've made that kind of zucchini before - it's great!

Last night at the banquet we started off with cole slaw. Then they brought out platters of fried (yes, 2b, fried :biggrin: ) chicken along with bowls of mashed potatoes and green beans. Nummy! Rolls with butter. And for dessert thre was upside down white poke cake topped with strawberries and whipped cream. Everything was delicious. The message afterwards was brought by one of the early grads of the college, Tom Furse. Good time all around.

You just made me miss Coach's green beans!

• Members

Cold leftover pizza for breakfast!   :clapping:

Today will be primarily leftovers from yesterday's football party.  I still have plenty of hot wings (I made them way to hot most of the WIMPS at the party).  Some pizza left over, but that is for breakfast.  I have some ribs that didn't make it to the grill I can grill up, and some nacho cheese sauce and fixins left.  

• Members

Do u by any chance like to cook

I do, but  I also like gardening, and I don't often have much time for both. 

Here is  a recipe.

BAYALDI

Slice of chop an onion and cover spread over the bottom of a ovenproof dish.

Slice tomato, courgette/zucchini, aubergine/eggplant, and put them in overlapping layers over the onion. Season with S&P if desired.  Sprinkle with powdered bay-leaf/sweet laurel/laurier and a little dried thyme.  Sprinkle with a little olive oil.  Bake in the oven till the veggies are cooked.  I usually microwave it for a couple of minutes or so before put it in the oven to make sure it gets cooked through.

I had leftover sardines in sourdough ciabatta this evening before church.

• Members

I'm no chef at all. When I'm cooking, it's going to be something relatively simple and hopefully quick.

My wife has trouble cooking soft eggs. One time I cooked breakfast for myself and my sons and part of what I cooked was soft eggs. I took a big skillet, put seven eggs in there and cooked them all soft. My wife was actually upset that I managed to cook seven soft eggs all at once and not break a single yoke.

She got over it...but she still can't cook soft eggs as well as I can. :icon_smile: