• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

On Friday we were in Calais and Had lunch in Flunch.  They had and American festival where most dishes we supposed to be American, mostly burgers, which names such as NY, Nevada, Tennessee, and then there was Gallette  Americaine,.  I had buffet of crudités and as t was my birthday I had a steak (piece de boucher) chips and two tone carrots(yellow and orange) spinach, followed bu 3 boules of ice cream, pistache, lim on and framboise (Raspberry)

This evening I had chilli con carne.  (1 l or two in chilli?  I thought it was one, but looked on line and it seems there are two.) 

• Members

Last night we were at one of my SIL's weddings.  We had appetizers, sodas, punch, then the meal.  They served salad, rolls, beef, stuffed shells, chicken, fresh mixed vegetables, and mashed potatoes.  There was a variety of desserts, afterwards.  Lastly, we had a delicious wedding cake.   

• Members

It's opening day of Baseball!!!  Tonight is Hot Dogs, Garlic Fries, Soda, and Peanuts!  Nacho's for the afternoon game between services.  My favorite local team the Mariners won't be starting until tomorrow, but the my Dodgers who I have been a fan of since I was 6 years old will be playing tonight.  I will miss about 5 innings for evening service unfortunately.  I will catch the first 2 innings and then the last two.  

I have a confession to make...Baseball was prOBably my first willful disOBedience to my parents.  You see my bedtime as a youngster was 8 pm, but Vin Scully announced Dodger games on the radio until 10 pm, soooo...

I smuggled a transistor radio into my bedroom and hid it underneath my pillow so only I could hear it with my ear pressed to the pillow.  I am betting my parents caught on since all I ever wanted to spend my allowance on during the baseball season was batteries for my radio, especially after falling asleep at night with it still on.

Bro. Garry

• Members

I'm glad you put church services ahead of baseball. Unfortunately, some Christians place their favorite sports ahead of church services and will not attend church if it means missing any of their favorite games.

While I'm not a Dodger fan (I don't hold any ill will towards them either), I respect any true fan of a team and if you've been a fan since age 6, I'd say that qualifies as being a true fan!

What I really dislike is the fair weather fans and especially the fans that choose their "favorite" teams based upon who happens to be the most popular or most winning team at the moment (this applies to all sports, not just baseball).

• Members

Tuna salad.

Yesterday was mothers day and one of my daughters rang my wife to wish her 'happy mothers day' and my wife grunted "Thank you, I don't believe in it." I heard my daughter laugh and she said, "I knew you'd say that."