• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

Saturday night some friends of ours took us out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant. And then yesterday afternoon, other friends took us to a really good steakhouse.  I'm going to have my leftovers for lunch today.  Yum.

Tonight we'll have tuna patties and salad.

• Administrators

Well, my hubby decided to get pizza last night, so I didn't have to cook.  :icon_smile:  We are busy planning for our spring promotion for our nursing home workers, plus we have some other things going on in the evenings  this week - so I'm not sure what we'll have for supper.

• Members

You and I are on the same wavelength, HC.  I am usually prepared with what we will be having for dinner.   :hijacked:   However, yesterday, I woke up with a headache and today it is worse.  I haven't been to the chiropractor in a month.  I need to get back into the routine.  I am very grouchy today, b/c I am so tired of having these headaches.  My doctor said it is the change of life, but I have been in the change of life since 2001 when they started?   :puzzled3:  I think it is hereditary.  One of my cousins told me that headaches run in my mom's family.  My grandma had them, but my mom didn't.  It seemed to have skipped a generation.

I'm going to break down and take some Tylenol in a bit, then take a little nap.  I just hate taking Tylenol b/c of my liver, as my Epilepsy medication already effects the liver.  Hopefully, I will be rid of it after my nap.

• Administrators

You and I are on the same wavelength, HC.  I am usually prepared with what we will be having for dinner.   :hijacked:   However, yesterday, I woke up with a headache and today it is worse.  I haven't been to the chiropractor in a month.  I need to get back into the routine.  I am very grouchy today, b/c I am so tired of having these headaches.  My doctor said it is the change of life, but I have been in the change of life since 2001 when they started?   :puzzled3:  I think it is hereditary.  One of my cousins told me that headaches run in my mom's family.  My grandma had them, but my mom didn't.  It seemed to have skipped a generation.

I'm going to break down and take some Tylenol in a bit, then take a little nap.  I just hate taking Tylenol b/c of my liver, as my Epilepsy medication already effects the liver.  Hopefully, I will be rid of it after my nap.

I've been living on Tylenol and caffeine for the past couple of days due to migraine.  I feel your pain...literally!  :sick:  I need to get to the chiropractor, too.  I'm also waiting on my glasses. I just got a new pair, but the doc got the prescription wrong.  sigh...

I have a feeling we'll be having dollar menu burgers tonight.  Some friends moved, but left a lot of stuff at their house for different people to have. We've been tasked (willingly) with distributing it, so that is what we are doing before heading home. And then at home we have planning work to do - and with my hub's hours, we have to be done before 8:30 so he can head to bed.  Packs a lot into just a few hours. Phew. (heh - maybe that's why my head hurts  :nuts: )

• Members

Too much hamburger in the freezer.  I guess I better make a meatloaf, with grilled asparagus, and butternut squash. Since I am single and live alone, meatloaf is a multi-meal item.  I will have it tonight, and meatloaf sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.  I think I may love the meatloaf sandwiches the next day even more than the meatloaf for dinner. 

I have been out of town the last few days since I am on my spring break from school.  It was a rare gorgeous weekend here in Oregon in March, with temps in the mid 60's and clear skies, so I headed for the coast to do some crabbing (caught 23 keepers, had a crab feast with friends when I got home), and then up into the mountains to a few of my favorite waterfalls.  

• Administrators

I love meatloaf sandwiches!  My hubby got me a neat meatloaf pan a few years back.  There's an insert that has holes in the bottom. You put the meat on it, lower it into the pan, but it doesn't go all the way down, so any grease gathers in the bottom and doesn't reabsorb into the meat.  I can't handle greasy meatloaf (it gets my reflux going badly!), so this was a major blessing!

My mom lives in WA, and she's been telling me about the nice weather you guys have been having out in that neck of the woods.  And here we are with more snow...boohoo.  But it's supposed to be in the 60s the last couple days of March. Hope that means spring is really coming.  :icon_smile:

• Members

I've been living on Tylenol and caffeine for the past couple of days due to migraine.  I feel your pain...literally!  :sick:  I need to get to the chiropractor, too.  I'm also waiting on my glasses. I just got a new pair, but the doc got the prescription wrong.  sigh...

I have a feeling we'll be having dollar menu burgers tonight.  Some friends moved, but left a lot of stuff at their house for different people to have. We've been tasked (willingly) with distributing it, so that is what we are doing before heading home. And then at home we have planning work to do - and with my hub's hours, we have to be done before 8:30 so he can head to bed.  Packs a lot into just a few hours. Phew. (heh - maybe that's why my head hurts  :nuts: )

They used to think that my headaches were migraine headaches.  When I took over the counter migraine medication, it made them worse.  There was too much caffeine in them.  I am down to one coffee a day now.  That could be why they came back, too.  Caffeine withdrawal, maybe?  The doctor finally told me they were tension headaches, and the chiropractor agreed.  I love the chiropractor, HC.  I feel like a noodle when he works on my neck and back.  Even with insurance, though, it is expensive.  I had a pair of prescription glasses, but I find that reading glasses work better for me.  I only need them to read up close.  Hopefully, your migraine will subside and you can get your glasses soon.

I think that is probably why your head hurts, HC.  Migraines are caused by stress, just like tension headaches.  As you know, Joe and I are going through many changes.  That is when these headaches came back, in fact.  Joe is on a hyper and I am having trouble keeping up with his pace.  LOL!  He is so excited about our future.  I just found out though, from their missionary letter, that the girls are going back to Scotland with them.  Joe thinks it is only temporary, but if that is the case, I will be leaving all of my Chistian women friends in Cleveland.  He doesn't want me to be lonely down in Marietta.  He's so sweet.

I still haven't figured out what we are having for dinner.  I am going to lay down now.  The Tylenol has kicked in and I am sleepy.  We might have fast food tonight, at the rate I am going.        

• Administrators

They used to think that my headaches were migraine headaches.  When I took over the counter migraine medication, it made them worse.  There was too much caffeine in them.  I am down to one coffee a day now.  That could be why they came back, too.  Caffeine withdrawal, maybe?  The doctor finally told me they were tension headaches, and the chiropractor agreed.  I love the chiropractor, HC.  I feel like a noodle when he works on my neck and back.  Even with insurance, though, it is expensive.  I had a pair of prescription glasses, but I find that reading glasses work better for me.  I only need them to read up close.  Hopefully, your migraine will subside and you can get your glasses soon.

I think that is probably why your head hurts, HC.  Migraines are caused by stress, just like tension headaches.  As you know, Joe and I are going through many changes.  That is when these headaches came back, in fact.  Joe is on a hyper and I am having trouble keeping up with his pace.  LOL!  He is so excited about our future.  I just found out though, from their missionary letter, that the girls are going back to Scotland with them.  Joe thinks it is only temporary, but if that is the case, I will be leaving all of my Chistian women friends in Cleveland.  He doesn't want me to be lonely down in Marietta.  He's so sweet. I'm sure you will make friends soon.  When you get there, let me know and I will introduce you (via facebook) to someone who is verrrrrry distantly related to me (she is married to a Crandall, and I am related to all Crandalls in the US). She lives in Marietta. 

I still haven't figured out what we are having for dinner.  I am going to lay down now.  The Tylenol has kicked in and I am sleepy.  We might have fast food tonight, at the rate I am going.       Rest well, my friend.

• Members

Too much hamburger in the freezer.  I guess I better make a meatloaf, with grilled asparagus, and butternut squash. Since I am single and live alone, meatloaf is a multi-meal item.  I will have it tonight, and meatloaf sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.  I think I may love the meatloaf sandwiches the next day even more than the meatloaf for dinner. 

I have been out of town the last few days since I am on my spring break from school.  It was a rare gorgeous weekend here in Oregon in March, with temps in the mid 60's and clear skies, so I headed for the coast to do some crabbing (caught 23 keepers, had a crab feast with friends when I got home), and then up into the mountains to a few of my favorite waterfalls.  

Brother Garry, you have the best dinners.  Meatloaf is one of my favorites, too.  I think I enjoy the meatloaf sandwiches the next day, better.  

I am glad you enjoyed your spring break and your beautiful weather.  I haven't been crabbing since I was 18.  It is so fun.

Oh, and I have that same meatloaf pan, too, HC and Garry.