• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Had some kind of "grey" meat product found in the bottom of chest freezer from who knows when.  Used it in extra spicy and HOT chili recipe so that the type of meat like grey material it was didn't matter.  With enough Habanero sauce in the chili, my taste buds were fried enough that I didn't taste the freezer burn...or the beans, onions, tomato sauce, or the ice cream I had two hours later.  Maybe by morning I will be able to taste coffee if I make it like we did when on ship; thick enough to not slosh out of the cup with the rocking of the boat.  

After that, I put up my chest freezer on Craig's List and went down to Lowe's and bought a new upright freezer with LOTS of baskets and shelves so I never again have mystery items lurking in the deep dark depths of my freezer.

Bro. Garry

• Members

Had some kind of "grey" meat product found in the bottom of chest freezer from who knows when. Used it in extra spicy and HOT chili recipe so that the type of meat like grey material it was didn't matter. With enough Habanero sauce in the chili, my taste buds were fried enough that I didn't taste the freezer burn...or the beans, onions, tomato sauce, or the ice cream I had two hours later. Maybe by morning I will be able to taste coffee if I make it like we did when on ship; thick enough to not slosh out of the cup with the rocking of the boat.

After that, I put up my chest freezer on Craig's List and went down to Lowe's and bought a new upright freezer with LOTS of baskets and shelves so I never again have mystery items lurking in the deep dark depths of my freezer.

Bro. Garry

:lol: :lol:

• Members

Had some kind of "grey" meat product found in the bottom of chest freezer from who knows when.  Used it in extra spicy and HOT chili recipe so that the type of meat like grey material it was didn't matter.  With enough Habanero sauce in the chili, my taste buds were fried enough that I didn't taste the freezer burn...or the beans, onions, tomato sauce, or the ice cream I had two hours later.  Maybe by morning I will be able to taste coffee if I make it like we did when on ship; thick enough to not slosh out of the cup with the rocking of the boat.  

Bro. Garry

Brother Garry, that is so hilarious!  Mystery meat as you called it in another post.  I remember eating mystery meat in college. They would serve the same meat Monday through Sunday and make it several different ways, in hopes to masquerade it to the college students.  Their plan failed.  We knew what they were doing.  I can't do that with my husband.  He loves his food, but is very careful to make sure it isn't spoiled.  And, he wouldn't dare eat freezer burned meat.  Not a chance.  

Dinner Tonight:  I pulled a roast from the freezer this morning.  I think I will do mashed potatoes with it.  And, steamed mixed vegetables.

• Members

It's St. Patricks Day!  I am having Corned Beef and Cabbage at a friends house tonight!  A nice green pineapple, coconut milk, banana, and spinach smoothie (don't knock it till you've tried it!)  Then a nice green key lime pie for desert.

Bro. Garry

My family had the same thing, Brother Garry.  The smoothie sounds delicious.  I usually don't make desert too much, due to the fact that I love desert and don't need the calories.  However, key lime pie is awesome.

• Members

I haven't had KFC in awhile.  I have to drive a bit to get to the nearest one.

I like that idea, HC.  Just salad and garlic bread sounds so yummy.  My hubby would be eating a second meal in an hour though.  LOL!

Tonight is hamburgers, french fries, and green beans.  

• Members

15 fellow students and I are going to meet for a study session cramming for tomorrow mornings Microsoft Operating Systems final.  We will keep ourselves running on pizza, hot pockets, Mt. Dew, and coffee.

I hope you do well on your final, Brother Garry.