• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

You forgot to mention the cheese sauce for the steamed broccoli, surely you wouldn't serve that without a good cheese sauce?!

LOL!  Actually, I do Garry.  We aren't real cheese people in my house.  My husband loves Swiss cheese with beef sticks and crackers, though.

• Members

Got a Pork Loin Roast in the crock pot on low with baby reds, baby carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers and onion, and onion soup mix.  I have fresh sourdough bread (made from starter began by my grandmother in 1940 and kept going until this day) rising right now.  Baking an apple pie for desert and home-made ice cream to top it with. 

Got a table with 4 empty chairs in it.  Come on by!  There is plenty to eat!

Edited by 2bLikeJesus

• Members

Japanese exchange student is gone. 

I did like the Sushi though, but am glad she said to "not ask what's in it before trying it" or I might not know I actually like Eel.

Bro. Garry

You should be able to buy all the ingredients in your local supermarket.  At least you can in Tesco or Sainsbury over here.  I was looking at them yesterday and thought of your post.

Edited by Invicta

• Administrators

Last night my hubby said maybe we were gonna have Long John Silver's. I love the fish but the grease doesn't love me. He got home and was getting ready to go back out to get it when, lo and behold, I heard people outside. Upon opening the door, I saw 2of the familieswho help us at nursing home. One person was carrying a pan. Another a plate. And a third had a big cake...

My sneaky, wonderful hubby had arranged with one of the teens there to fix me a birthday dinner (my bday was Wed)! She had fixed baked ziti and garlic bread. And had baked and decorated a cake. Both families gathered round and sang happy birthday to me. It was so neat - my hubby wasn't expecting the song. :) Leftovers for supper tonight.

God is good in giving us such wonderful friends.

• Administrators

We had oven baked chicken, dressing, mashed potatoes/gravy, and salad last night.  I was going to make stuffed peppers tonight but my hubby doesn't want me to make a big meal (it's our date night, and he doesn't want me to spend it all cooking), so he's going to pick up pizza.