• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Call me awful...but we had Sonic! After church three times today and an ice cream social/goodbye party for our missionaries to Zambia, Africa, I did not feel like cooking! So when my hubby suggested picking up something to go from town, I was one happy mama. :) 

Edited by honebee873

• Members

Yesterday, we had a fellowship luncheon at my church.  We had a missionary to the people of Papua New Guinea speak in Sunday School and also preach the A.M. service.  We had a Mexican fiesta for lunch.  On days like these, we don't have evening service - just half day church service.

• Members

Shrimp Tempura, Crab cakes, Japanese vegetables with Ginger and Garlic seasoning, and Custard or Red Bean paste filled Yatsuhashi for desert!  We are entertaining a Japanese exchange student who is an incredible cook!  Will be living large for the next few days, and will be walking around large for weeks afterwards I am afraid.  

• Members

Tonight:  Lamb chops, rice, fresh green beans, and salad.

Praise Report:  My brother did the evening dishes for me, last night, b/c he could see I was tired from the running around I did all day.  This is the third time in five years that he has done this dishes.  I was so happy!  That is progress:)

• Members

Today is my hubby's birthday. He loves Ryan's (buffet).  I asked what he wanted for his birthday, and he said Ryan's.  So we'll be eating at Ryan's tonight.

Happy Birthday to your hubby, HC.  Ryan's is very yummy.

Pray for me, tonight our Japanese exchange student promises to make us fall in love with Sushi.  I am made especially nervous when she stated we are not allowed to ask what is in it until after we have tried it...

Bro. Garry

Rut-roh.  I just said a prayer for you, Garry.  Hope you enjoy.  I think Sushi is tasty.

• Members

Pray for me, tonight our Japanese exchange student promises to make us fall in love with Sushi.  I am made especially nervous when she stated we are not allowed to ask what is in it until after we have tried it...

Bro. Garry

I have only had sushi from Tesco supermarket, and only then when it is reduced for quick sale.  They sometimes do a vegetarian one as well.  

Tonight I had beef sandwiches.

• Members

I cooked marinated steaks, white lima beans with potatoes and bacon, a pan of corn bread, sliced onion and sweet iced tea. :)

Praying Bro. Garry! I am a very picky eater and can barely stand the thought of eating something without knowing what it is made of lol.

Happy Birthday to your hubby HC!

Edited by honebee873

• Members

We had a good time last night.  Tonight, we will celebrate my birthday relaxing at home.  Chili is in the crockpot. Mmmmmm.

Happy Birthday, HC!  Chili sounds nice on a cold winter's day.

We are having breaded chicken, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, and strawberry jello with fresh strawberries.

• Members

Japanese exchange student is gone.  I am having HAMBURGER with extra BACON and CHEESE on it , FRENCH FRIES with skin still on, a DILL PICKLE, and a COKE.  

I did like the Sushi though, but am glad she said to "not ask what's in it before trying it" or I might not know I actually like Eel.

Bro. Garry