• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

I challenge any of you to beat what's for dinner tonight!  We have our annual Missions Conference Dinner/Pot Luck at the community center (our church fellowship MUCH to tiny).  We will be having meals/desserts/beverages from India (I made Chicken Tikka Masala that will put hair on your chest (hot/spicy), and Red Lintel Curry), and will eat/sample plates from Thailand, Guatemala, Russia, Australia, Uganda, and South Korea.  If there is one thing I LOVE about Baptists, we sure know how to put on a pot luck!  

Bro. Garry

In His will.  By His power.  For His glory.

Each country has two large tables and a 50" TV on rollers, they are staffed by our church members who then give a 7-10 minute presentation of their field with video's and powerpoints.  One table is for decorations, props, maps, pictures, and stats; and the 2nd table for cuisine.  That means 7 tables x 10min + 10 minutes only 140 minutes! Short message tonight!   :thblisshe5:  

Edited by 2bLikeJesus

• Members

Well Dave, in the land of Oz, we had:  Leg of Lamb (yum), Salt and Pepper Calamari (very good), Vegemite on Toast (disgusting), Anzac Biscuits (love em), Macadamia Nuts (had to fight everyone for them), and then Lamingtons (yummy!). I hope that represented Australia well!

Bro. Garry

• Members

Well Dave, in the land of Oz, we had: Leg of Lamb (yum), Salt and Pepper Calamari (very good), Vegemite on Toast (disgusting), Anzac Biscuits (love em), Macadamia Nuts (had to fight everyone for them), and then Lamingtons (yummy!). I hope that represented Australia well!

Bro. Garry

That'll do! ;)

Let me tell you, no Macadamia makes it past me alive. :lol:

You have to be able to four pieces of toast with vegemite at the citizenship ceremony or they kick you out of the country. :lol:

• Members

We didn't have much time today so I bought some sandwiches while out shopping.  Cheese and pickle for my wife and added some lettuce and tomato, Egg and Bacon for me and added some tomato and watercress. 

• Members

True dinner from redneck loggers community Oregon.  Elk back strap, home grown sweet potato rounds roasted with olive oil and home grown rosemary garnish, sourdough bread made from sourdough starter started by my grandmother in 1941 and kept active through the family now for 63 years (Don't break the chain!).