• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Once I have healed and can eat again, I will say I typically will eat almost anything placed in front of me.  Having grown up in a household with lots of brothers, if you were at the dinner table and said, "I don't lik...BAM...it was gone off your plate and onto one of your brothers, and it was NOT replaced by anything else nor were you allowed to have more helpings of what you liked.  Once you voluntarily gave up something on your plate, it was assumed you were full, and there were no seconds or extra helpings.  You either ate it or went to bed hungry.  I learned to LIKE everything...well...almost...I STILL don't like radishes.

• Members

I am going to make salmon, red potatoes, and fresh steamed green beans.  My hubby had to take my Jeep today to work, so I am without transportation to go grocery shopping for salad fixings.  It is -9 here.  Brrr.  My hubby doesn't care for fish that much, but I asked him this morning and he said, alright.  I will prepare his differently.  I'll figure it out later today.  We haven't had it in awhile, either.  I love fish.  I used to fish, with my dad, when I was a child at the Lake Erie Islands.  Basically grew up eating it.  Besides, I need some brain food.   :coverlaugh:

• Administrators

Invicta - Chicken Tonight used to be sold here in America. I remember seeing it on the shelves, but don't remember ever trying it.  

2bL - when our son was younger, he wasn't allowed to say he didn't like something. If he did, he got an extra helping.  :biggrin:   Some people might think that's bad, but he learned really quickly not to say he didn't like it.  When asked if he wanted seconds, if he didn't want it because he didn't like it, he was taught to say, "I don't care for more, thank you."  And he always had to have a little bite of something even if he didn't like it - we called that a Thank You bite, to try and teach him to be thankful to the Lord for everything, even if he didn't care for the taste. Interestingly, he will now eat anything, even if he doesn't like it, if someone serves it to him. Well, except blueberries and creamed corn (one time when he was little creamed corn made him vomit - I never fixed it for him again).  :nuts:

candle - that sounds so nummy!  We had homemade chicken vegetable soup last night (I'm having more for lunch).  Tonight we'll have pizza. We bought some frozen pizzas the other day and decided to fix them tonight so we can have our oven on to help warm the house. Brrrrr..............