• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Actually I had it for dinner and supper yesterday and the last of it for supper tonight.

I did something like that on Saturday.  I did a cheese and potato bake based loosely on the French dish of tartiflette.  I got it off a packet.  It has patatoes, onions (I forgot those)  white wine (I didn't use that) smoked bacon lardons and fromage pour tartiflette.  I didn't use that as I had some camembert and soft goats cheese that had gone hard and was out of date, some Roquefort which was a month in date, but looked and tasted as if it was a month over.  I needed a bit more cheese so I added some brie and a handful of chopped cheddar,  You slice the potatoes in their "robes des champs", i.e. in their skins. Soften the onions (if you remember) in butter in a pan add the lardons until cooked.  Add all to an oven proof dish add the cheese.  The original recipe calls for a 500g, 1.1lb soft round cheese, sliced along the centre and placed on top.   I chopped the cheese and added to the potatoes and mixed in with the potato mixture and added a couple of tablespoons of crème fraîche.  Put it in the oven for about ½ hour. 

I had it with lemon sole, but the bacon did not go well with the fish.

Had the left over for supper in French bread and that was much better.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Too full for supper - had a taco and enchilada for lunch and that always keeps me full. Having some cinnamon raisin toast right now.

I had chicken enchiladas for lunch yesterday.  I had a light supper this evening, roasted asparagus and tomatoes with French bread.

• Administrators

Chicken Ramen

My son actually eats a lot of Ramen - and really likes it.  Of course, the price is quite attractive to him, too.  My DIL, though, can't it it much because of the spice in the flavorings.  I've given her some ideas on how to fix them without as much of the spice.