• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Thanks (and I spelled poule wrong!). I noticed. I think they usually call it poulet in cooking, but I may be wrong. (My wife is the French expert and she has gone to bed,)

Don't know what's for dinner tonight. We have some chicken left over, so I'm waiting for inspiration to strike. It usually does right about 5 o'clock.

I often do that, I get all the ingredients then think "What shall I do with these?" Inspiration sometimes comes.

• Members

I asked my wife what was the difference between poule and poulet. She said that poule is chicken and poulet is when you eat it. She added that they certainly don't teach that in school and she learnt it the same way I did, eating in restaurants and reading recipes.

Today I had egg bacon and chips.

• Members

Salad Niçoise.

They say there are as many versions of this salad as there are cooks in Provence.

I may not be in the south east of France, but in the south east of England, so here is my version today.

Bed of salad, lettuce (little gem, red and green lollo, red oak leaf) watercress, all from the garden, and red watercress from Tesco. Tomato, beetroot, radishes, tuna, anchovies, warm new potatoes, fine beans, hard boiled eggs and black Greek style olives. My wife had the same without the fish but with added mushrooms.

I forgot, also pea sprouts.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Do they stll do spam?

Today, salmon with salt and pepper, persillarde, lime juice wrapped in foil and baked. Served with new potatoes from the garden with green beens

Edited by Invicta

• Members

This evening we had our church barbecue. While much of the country has had floods again, the rain helld off all day untill we just left to go home when it began to rain, but didn't really start till we got home.