• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

We had grilled burgers and salad. I added worchestershire sauce and grill seasoning to the meat. Instead of plain white hamburger buns we use toasted Health Nut bread made by Arnold's bread. It's a delicious sandwich especially when the bread is toasted. It's crunchy and nutty and really fills you up. We made a good healthy salad and had homemade oatmeal cookies with craisins instead of raisins. It was a good meal.

• Members
I added worchestershire sauce

Lea & Perrins?

I note that Americans in their posts do'nt mention having many vegetables. Over here we are constantly reminded that, for health, we should have 5 portions of fruit or vegetable a day. In France they say, "Five to ten" a day.

This evening it was Salad, lettuce, cole slaw, grated carrot, tomato, mushrooms in dressing, egg mayo, the remains of the saffron risotto.

• Members
We are having Pork Steak' date=' Scalloped Potatoes, CABBAGE(this was made all capitals for Invicta, lol :frog ) Broccoli, buscuits, cucumbers and tomatoes, and Fresh sliced cantaloupe! :coffee[/quote']

Well done, that's your 5 potions.

Today we had chicken and vegetable stir fry in plum sauce.

How do you cook your cabbage? I steam it for about 8-10 minutes, depending on the type. Broccoli the same although I prefer it microwaved, wit a tablespoonful of water, to help stop it burning at the edges. 4 minutes.

• Members

Why not try conservative cooking, more flavour more vitamins.

melt a little butter in a thick bottomed pan. seal your cabbage cut very finely in the butter. Add about 1 tbsp boiling water place a tightly fitting lid and simmer on a very low heat. Check now and again and add water if necessary, not more than a tbsp at a time. If you have more than 1 tbsp juice left at the end, you have used too much. It isn't necessary to add any water, apart from that left from rinsing vegetables. We once invited some friends to lunch after our morning service. I put some carrots and celery in our electric pan with a little butter to seal, intending to switch them off and finish them later, however I fogot and left them on very low while we were out. Our friends said they were the best carrots they had tasted, and how did we cook them?

We steam all vegetables now. It is easier, and you don't need so many as boiling them as you don't boil so much away. Oh and they taste better, noy so much as conservative cooking, though.

• Members

Yesterday Lunch:
For me, Thai chicken curry and sticky rice.
For my vegie wife, Vegetables simmered in their own juice. Onion, leek celery, carrot, celeriac, fennel, red pepper, tomato with new potatoes
For supper salad.

Today lunch
For me, Thai chicken curry and jacket potato. yeas using up yesterday's leftovers
For my vegie wife, as yeasterday, but with added tomato sauce, and jacket potato.
For supper probably salad again.