• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

I confess... I saw this on another board.. but thought that it would be fun do do here... what did you prepare, or have for supper last night?

We had pork tennderloin that I bbq'd , small red potatoes that I diced and baked with butter and garlic, and corn in butter sauce... we had apple turnovers with ice cream for dessert!

• Members

Beef porcupines, mashed potates and mixed veggies with some of Mathias' leftover birthday cake for dessert. :mrgreen:

[url=http://img233.echo.cx/my.php?image=birthday20057ew.jpg][img]http://img233.echo.cx/img233/1947/birthday20057ew.th.jpg[/img][/url]

It is a caterpillar; not very good perhaps but he loved it. The original recipe called for coconut to be used to create the "caterpillar effect" but my kids don't like coconut so I just "roughed" the icing up a little.

For anyone that is interested, it is just a Bundt cake cut in half and laid out like a caterpillar. The head is a "snowball" - one of those white coconut-covered confections. Again, my kids don't like coconut, so I covered an orange with white icing. :lol:

• Members

I had the name wrong on that casserole....

Hearty Pork & Beans Casserole
1 (28 oz) can pork and beans
4 or 5 hot dogs, sliced in rings
1 (8 or 10 oz) pkg corn bread mix
optional: 2 T BBQ sauce (the way i do it)

Directions: Heat the beans and hotdogs in a sauce pan; pour in a greased 2 qt casserole dish. Mix the corn bread according to directions and pour over the top. Bake at 350 degress 25-30 minutes until corn bread is done.

• Members

Last night I took Italian sausage and cut it in to bite sized pieces .Then sliced potatoes and a green and red pepper and red onion all cut into diced pieces.
You cook all of that in a little bit of butter .

Something I picked up on when I lived in Tennessee

• Members

We had fresh caught fish (Crappie). I deep fried them after dipping the filets in egg and then again in a soda cracker crumb mixture. They fried up to a golden brown and were very delicious. I also made french fries and my hubby and I ate way toooooo much... :wink:
Nothing like fresh caught fish, especially fish caught right out back on our property. :mrgreen:

• Members

[quote]
We had fresh caught fish (Crappie). I deep fried them after dipping the filets in egg and then again in a soda cracker crumb mixture. They fried up to a golden brown and were very delicious. I also made french fries and my hubby and I ate way toooooo much... :wink:
Nothing like fresh caught fish, especially fish caught right out back on our property. :mrgreen:
[/quote]

YOWZA!!! Does that ever sound good or what!!! [i]((((LG is drooling. :lol: :lol: :lol: )))[/i]

• Members

[quote="LIGHTGAFFER"]
[quote]We had fresh caught fish (Crappie). I deep fried them after dipping the filets in egg and then again in a soda cracker crumb mixture. They fried up to a golden brown and were very delicious. I also made french fries and my hubby and I ate way toooooo much... :wink:
[/quote]

YOWZA!!! Does that ever sound good or what!!! [i]((((LG is drooling. :lol: :lol: :lol: )))[/i][/quote]

Too bad you didn't live closer Jim, we could have you and your family over for dinner. I am sure we would enjoy the fellowship and a fish fry together... :mrgreen: