• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Street preaching?

• Members

I have an evangelist friend who does street preaching. He usually finds a fairly busy corner, stands on a milk crate or something sturdy and then begins preaching as if he were in a church service. His messages are salvation in nature and he keeps to the Word and doesn't point fingers at people and tell them they are going to hell. He lets the Word of God do the convicting.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I am a "street preacher" I do it in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Doing it more regularly now as I "backslid" for a while there, thanks be to God for his grace to restore me.

I get up on something similar to a soapbox when people are waiting for the bus(in the winter time) can be anywhere from 10-50 people who hear. It's at the bus center of the city, and even in winter there can be lots and lots of people.
In the summer time there are lots of people who just "hang" out this bus center area(it's all outdoors) and that is usually the time when i would get more hecklers and people to come. That is also the time I may consider doing crowd gathering.

I am usually trembling and quite fearful before I do it, and I rejoice that it's not me who converts, but the Lord, for it is the power of God unto salvation. I forget what I'm saying sometimes, stutter in my words a lot, but I know that doesnt matter. God will use a man who's confidence is in God, who trembles at God's Word and who is obedient. Glory to God!

I pray much beforehand and much afterward, the only difficult thing is finding fellow laborers, I get people who come and just watch me, but nothing much else.

I'm actually hoping to street preach today and Saturday. Amen.

• Members

The only thing I wonder about street preaching is how to finish the "Great Commission" by discipleship and baptism?

The same way you would knocking doors or handing out tracts :)

What I mean is, when you are street preaching, your aim is to have people stick around and listen to the Gospel. If someone sticks around and listens to the gospel and gets saved; I would very much doubt they would just walk off and go "well that solves that problem, on with life!" They would approach the preacher, or one of the people there, and then the great commission can possibly be fulfilled.

-Alen

Yep, if a person truly gets saved in street preaching, then they will come to church, and once they are at church they can be baptized and discipled.

Katy-Anne

• Members

I got this bunch of close Brothers that try to get me to join them on the sidewalk in front of the Mormon Temple.
I have learned that this makes the population hate Baptist Preachers. I have tried preaching to a multitude who do not want to listen, more than once.

I will preach to a crowd if they are willing to listen, and I do.

I have parked my bicycle on the causeway at a rest stop and waited till I got a few to accept my hand outs, when I get 2 or more I will begin explaining the Plan of Salvation, and use any questions asked to further explain more of the Gospel.
It is better to preach to 5 that will listen than 500 who you have annoyed.

I live in Mormonville, they are instructed to dislike and get away from Street Preachers ASAP.
They are told that these are Satan's workers, and they believe it.
NOTE: I may be wrong. that's just my :2cents
I know Mormons, I was one.

• Members

Preach Christ crucified and Him risen.

We have recently started using banners.

A lady got saved after reading the scripture verses before anyone even started preaching.

So who said people don't get saved as a result of publick ministry.

Our formula:
Prayer
One two one witnessing
Banner unfurled plus 3-4 hymns
Then we take turns preaching.

Hope this is of help.