• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Homosexual 'marriage' - gateway to polygamy?

• Members

Homosexual 'marriage' - gateway to polygamy?
Charlie Butts - OneNewsNow - 1/30/2009 6:00:00 AM
Two polygamists in Canada are testing that country's law against their lifestyle.

According to the Associated Press in Vancouver, British Columbia, Winston Blackmore and James Oler have been accused of being married to more than one woman at a time. In fact, Blackmore, 52, and Oler, 44, lead rival polygamous sects in the town of Bountiful. Blackmore has been charged with having 20 wives, while Oler is accused of having a mere two.

Lawyers for the two men are using Canada's homosexual "marriage" laws to justify polygamy. Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality is not surprised that Canada's decision to legalize same-sex marriage has paved this road.

"It's no surprise that the polygamists are going to use this ruling, and I would expect that they're going to prevail," he contends. "The homosexuals talk about, 'Well, if two people love each other, how can you deny that love?' Well then, how can you deny the love of a man and three women?"

LaBarbera believes homosexuals and others hope to destroy traditional Christian-Judeo thinking and ruin traditional families. He is urging Christians in Canada to take a stand for biblical marriage -- a union between one man and one woman.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=403588

• Members

Blackmore had close to 50 wives of all ages, before him and his friend Jeffs seperated friendships. Jeffs went to Arizona then where ever it was he got caught. There are multiple men with multiple wives. In the panhandle of Idaho too. Everyone knows. The panhandle has a lot of illegal cultures. They get by with it by only legally marrying one wife. The other women even get welfare because they legally have no husband. I knew several of the families personally and was at Blackmore's house once. It looked like a big fancy motel to house all of his wives. All, by the way have a robotic way of doing things. And they barely even acknowledge the bible. Only the book of Mormon. They truly believe that Blackmore is a real prophet. Women and men think it an honor to give one or more of their daughters to him in marriage. He is around 50 and has married girls as young as 16. My ex had an interest in their community at on time.

• Moderators
Blackmore had close to 50 wives of all ages' date=' before him and his friend Jeffs seperated friendships. Jeffs went to Arizona then where ever it was he got caught. There are multiple men with multiple wives. In the panhandle of Idaho too. Everyone knows. The panhandle has a lot of illegal cultures. They get by with it by only legally marrying one wife. The other women even get welfare because they legally have no husband. I knew several of the families personally and was at Blackmore's house once. It looked like a big fancy motel to house all of his wives. All, by the way have a robotic way of doing things. And they barely even acknowledge the bible. Only the book of Mormon. They truly believe that Blackmore is a real prophet. Women and men think it an honor to give one or more of their daughters to him in marriage. He is around 50 and has married girls as young as 16. My ex had an interest in their community at on time.[/quote']

The way they are doing it is legal in the US and Canada (if they only file one marriage license) because adultery and fornication laws have been removed from the books. Now you have multiple affairs in a single household. They sought to accomodate all the whoring around by making shack-ups legal and now can't figure out how to stop polygamists.

Any time you legalize sin, you need a multilicity of laws to close all the loopholes you have created.

• Members

We have to remember that in the Bible, homosexuality is WORSE than polygamy. In the Bible, polygamy was discouraged and condemned...but homosexuality was worthy of capital punishment.

Of course here in the US its illegal anyway...however I feel divorce and remarriage is equal to polygamy in God's eyes....if you study how God planned for spouses to "join" one to another, there is not much difference...

I'm just saying, as a random comment, that I think God sees this differently than we do.

• Members

people were stoned to death for adultery as well.

homosexual's argument = we are two consent adults
Polygamy's argument = We are two consent adults (two people decide to get married even though they already have other spouses)

Homosexual's argument = we want benefits and adoption rights
Polygamy's argument = We do too.

homosexual's argument = we want to make commitment to care for one another for the rest of our life. Our confession of our love
polygamy's argument = we do too (remember, these are two people who feel they love each other and make a commitment for life to look after one another except they don't believe marriage should limit to one spouse)

Polygamy's another argument = the father should provide for the mother and child with benefits. It's not right when father is already married and providing everything for his first marriage and other end up as a single mom.

yep, They will be next, and you got yourself a major population issues. Look how many children most Polygamy's (spiritually) Marriage have. keep it up and everyone will be joining . We know how men love to commit adultery or divorce because they are in love with someone else. Most of the time, these husbands do NOT want to get divorce. They just have to in order to marry someone else.

• Members
We have to remember that in the Bible, homosexuality is WORSE than polygamy. In the Bible, polygamy was discouraged and condemned...but homosexuality was worthy of capital punishment.

Of course here in the US its illegal anyway...however I feel divorce and remarriage is equal to polygamy in God's eyes....if you study how God planned for spouses to "join" one to another, there is not much difference...

I'm just saying, as a random comment, that I think God sees this differently than we do.

I agree, even though I have these mistakes in my past. Divorce and stupid youthful mistakes.

• Members

homosexual's argument = we want to make commitment to care for one another for the rest of our life. Our confession of our love
polygamy's argument = we do too (remember, these are two people who feel they love each other and make a commitment for life to look after one another except they don't believe marriage should limit to one spouse)

As we all know, the vow to love & care for one another till death do us part is not worth the words most people speak, the vow they make, nor the paper given to them by the state its recorded on, for over half bail out before sickness or death comes.

Our Lord looked down from heaven, what did He see? Mankind doing every evil that he can imagine. Mankind is just bent towards rebellion from God's ways. I suppose it just wax's worse, that or either the more we study the Bible the more it opens our eyes to all the sin that is about us.