• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Studying Revelation

• Members

It may have already been answered before but I don't have time to go back through all the topics that have been discussed, this year I have decided to do a study on Revelation. I would like to know if anyone knows a decent down the line study I could purchase or if it's best to just do my own. The problem with the later is I doubt that I could do justice to the topic that way. Some have said to start the study in Daniel first and then do Revelation. Does anyone have an outline or something that would help me??

• Members

Whoa! A study of Revelation can be a mammoth undertaking. Pick up Larkin's material. His book on Revelation or his book on Dispensational Truth if you want to delve in deeper. Sometimes when you can see things written out or diagramed it's easier to understand. Remember, Revelation is divided up into four different tellings of the Second Coming. Kind of like how you have four gospels of the first coming of Christ. When I get a chance I'll post a brief outline on how Revelation is divided up. If you can get this down it's much easier to understand.

• Members
Thank you I'll look up the book you mentioned. I'd appreciate any help or ideas.'

Blossom

Here's a simple outline of Revelation. Most studies will try to bring you through the book chronologically but you'll find that it doesn't make any sense that way and it'll seem to be repeating itself over and over. Which it does.

Revelation 1-3: Application to the church and tribulation saints.

Revelation 4-7: Starts with the rapture (ch 4) ends with God wiping away all tears (ch 7).

Revelation 8-11: Starts with the end of the tribulation (ch 8-sun being darkened) ends with the "Hallelujah Chorus (ch 11:15).

Revelation 12-14: Starts with the rapture of the manchild (144,000) and the war in heaven at the midpoint of the seven year tribulation (ch 12:7) and ends with the saints resting in heaven (ch 14:1) and with Armageddon (ch. 14:20).

Revelation 15-19: Starts with the seven last plagues and the saints before the throne (ch 15:2- putting this chapter near the very end of the tribulation) and ends with Armageddon (ch 19).

Revelation 20-22: Starts with the judgement of nations and the 1,000 year kingdom of Christ (ch 20:4-5) and ends with the healing of nations, the new heavens and earth and John's prayer for Christ's coming (ch 22:20).

You see, Revelation gives four different accounts of the second coming of Christ as you have four gospels of the first coming of Christ. Each account is slightly different or deals with different aspects , judgements and personages that lead up to Christ's coming.This is the only way this book makes sense. If you try to read it chronologically through the whole thing you'll find that things are repeated (like the Second Coming itself).

Hope this helps.

Bill