• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

No doubt there are some that take the position (that the King James Bible is the only one you can get saved from) out of ignorance (maybe never thought through the issue or repeating what they heard others say), but there are others that follow Ruckman and believe you can ONLY be saved through the KJV. If you weren't, you are not saved. Praise the Lord, that is not the case. I was not saved through the King James Bible, BUT I will stick with my KJV for doctrine and spiritual growth.

• Members

[quote="ASongOfDegrees"]
I went to a church that was actually split over this issue. Although this happened just after I moved away. God can use another version to get his "message" through. Why, didnt he use an ass to get his message to Balaam? But growing into the fulness of the stature of Christ is another thing though. You'll need a KJV for that.
Wil
[/quote]

Absolutely. As was mentioned earlier - people that cling to corrupt versions are not going to be much more than spiritual babes as they are only getting sour milk - if folk want the meat, they'll find it in the KJB.

I know that on some websites, those of us that are KJB-only are refered to as cultists - and this is something I just could never figure out. What is wrong with believing by faith that GOD has preserved His Word for the English-speaking people in the KJB?

But when I see where some seem to think that salvation can only come from the KJB, I begin to understand why we are tagged with such a derogatory label as "cultists."

Guest Guest

[quote="BaptistBibleBeliever"]
I know that on some websites, those of us that are KJB-only are refered to as cultists - and this is something I just could never figure out. What is wrong with believing by faith that GOD has preserved His Word for the English-speaking people in the KJB?
[/quote]

I had one just tell me the KJV only is a satanic doctrine.(What he actually means is the doctrine of the preservation of God's words in any version is a satanic doctrine). This clown would be one of the ones to probably commit the unpardonable sin back in Jesus' day. He's well beyond the point of no return.
Wil

Guest Guest

Another Gospel is a Gospel that is preached in contrast to what Paul preached.

Gal 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel [b]unto you than that which we have preached unto you,[/b] let him be accursed.

This gospel is not bound in a translated version. It is not limited by limits.

Guest Guest

I would be glad to elborate;

The Gospel of Christ is for all nations.

[quote]
Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast [b]redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation[/b];
[/quote]

Translations are bound by language. In other words they are language specfic. The translations have limits in reach due to a language barrier. The word of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not bound (limited) in an english translation. The Gospel spans beyound the english language. It is related, preached and declared in every langauage. It has not been limited by a translated version.

• Members

[quote="My Saviour Leads Me"]
[quote]It has not been limited by a translated version.
[/quote]

now i understand but where does the Holy Spirit fit into this?[/quote]

Was Martin Luther saved?

If so, what kind of Bible was he reading?

And . . . was the HOLY SPIRIT involved?

(now, I'm not asking if Martin Luther was doctrinally sound in every area - merely asking, "was he saved?"

Guest Guest

My Saviour Leads Me[quote]
="now i understand but where does the Holy Spirit fit into this?
[/quote]

I am not sure if I understand the question?

baptistbiblebeliever;

[quote]
Was Martin Luther saved?

If so, what kind of Bible was he reading?

And . . . was the HOLY SPIRIT involved?

(now, I'm not asking if Martin Luther was doctrinally sound in every area - merely asking, "was he saved?"
[/quote]

I could answer the first part of the question with a question (was Lot saved?,, or how about Spurgeon? Or Whitfield? Both embraced Augustine and Spurgeon himself even said [quote]
"The old truths that Calvin preached, that Augustine preached, is the truth that I preach today""
[/quote]

As to Luther. The think the scriptures answer the question from our view as fellow brethren in Adam judging our own.

[quote]
2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
[/quote]

What bible was he reading?

Luther was reading the Latin bible and working on the tranlation of the Latin into German during his confession on coming to realize that man is justified by faith alone.

Was the Holy Spirit involved?

[quote]
1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: [b]and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.[/b]
[/quote]

• Members

[quote]
My Saviour Leads MeQuote:
="now i understand but where does the Holy Spirit fit into this?
[/quote]

1 Corinthians 2

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. [b]10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.[/b]

Guest Guest

My Saviour leads me;

You are getting in the Calvinist view of election if you take this route of showing a man must be regenerated by the Spirit before he can recieve anything spiritual.

In

[quote]
Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
[/quote]

1. Our Lord told Nicodemus earthly things to relate the new birth.

2. The Gospel was commited to man and is preached by man to man.

[quote]
1Ti 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
[/quote]

3. Man can recieve the Gospel. He can know the truth of The Man Christ Jesus.

[quote]
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
[/quote]

4. No man will get saved till he goes to The MAN Christ Jesus. In fact Jesus clearly told Nicodemus

[quote]
Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
[/quote]

5. The Gospel for man, recieved from man, and is about a Man... Christ Jesus.

• Members

[quote]
You are getting in the Calvinist view of election if you take this route of showing a man must be regenerated by the Spirit before he can recieve anything spiritual.
[/quote]

1 Corinthians 2 is dealing with the Holy Spirit opening up our understanding - specifically opening up God's Word to the saved. It is not dealing with regeneration at all.

[quote]
The Gospel for man, recieved from man, and is about a Man... Christ Jesus.
[/quote]

IThomas, I am not sure what you are saying in your above post. The Gospel is about the Saviour, who was both man and God - in fact, God manifest in the flesh.

• Members

[quote]
My Saviour leads me;

[/quote]

Forgive me for not making myself more clear. the reason that i used this portion of scripture is that we were discussing translations and i asked you where the Holy Spirit fit in. i was trying to explain through the use of scripture how that without the Spirit of God we cannot understand any translation the Spirit illumines us the Holy Scriptures.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.