• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

My goodness, the entire book of Galatians was written to fully develop what "another gospel" is.

Now, I would call the "book of Mormon" another gospel, but I could not rightly called the NWT one - although it is used to support the cult.

corrupt versions of the Bible are not "another gospel" although they have certainly been used to support them (and some biblical changes purposefully deny the deity of CHRIST and other doctrinal truths.

Listen, the Mormons use the KJB. By their use of it would we suggest that it is another gospel? And yet, based upon their interpretation of it - it is used to support their cult.

• Members

But to answer your question, "What is another Gospel?"

Paul shows that it is in trusting in anything other than JESUS CHRIST for salvation, whether it be the law or circumcision.

The Gospel is GRACE - but any teaching that believes that works save, is another gospel - again, as Paul develops in Galatians.

For another NT book devoted pretty much to exposing false doctrine is Colossians - which attacks the Gnostic theories of salvation.

• Members

[quote]
But to answer your question, "What is another Gospel?"

Paul shows that it is in trusting in anything other than JESUS CHRIST for salvation, whether it be the law or circumcision.

The Gospel is GRACE - but any teaching that believes that works save, is another gospel - again, as Paul develops in Galatians.

For another NT book devoted pretty much to exposing false doctrine is Colossians - which attacks the Gnostic theories of salvation.
[/quote]

:goodpost:

• Members

[quote]
Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
[/quote]

• Members

Yes, it stands for New World Translation. It is a perverted, corrupted version of the Bible - but I don't understand how you can say that "it" teaches a false gospel. It belongs to those who are in a false cult but it doesn't - on its own - teach anything.

On the other hand, the book of Mormon, is specifically written to teach another gospel.

• Members

[quote="My Saviour Leads Me"]
[quote]Now, I would call the "book of Mormon" another gospel, but I could not rightly called the NWT one - although it is used to support the cult.
[/quote]

BaptistBibleBeliever, what is a NWT? Does that stand for New World Testement? If it supports the cult it is another gospel!!![/quote] Correct!

• Members

I don't think so. As B^3 alluded to it, those cultic translations that contain the Words of God, and also contain words of their cultic other gospel, are NOT the other Gospel. They ONLY contain it. Please understand that I wouldn't want one in my library anywhere but in the [i]poison section[/i], and clearly marked with skull and crossbones.

No one ever got saved [b]because[/b] of a false gospel. They may get saved [b]in spite [/b]of a cultic translation that contains the Words of God, [b]because the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not bound[/b].

• Members

The NWT, the NIV, the Living Bible, the Message, etc. are all corrupted versions of the Bible. There might be enough truth in some of them (if you know which passages to look for) to lead someone to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ - with some it is more difficult than others. These versions muddy the waters - but it is the false teachers of the cults that teach another Gospel.

I read the NASV for four years before I became KJVonly - and it did not teach another Gospel - what it did was play around with enough passages that the Gospel was no longer clear and it causes confusion. But someone could still take may modern versions and present the Gospel. I wasn't led to the Lord out of the King James, nor did I lead my sister to the Lord out of the King James (but out of the NASV) - yet we are both definitely saved. Now we know the difference and won't have anything to do with corrupt versions except to show the differences - but it certainly cannot be said that there is not enough truth in them to lead someone to the Lord using them. Granted, there are passages you might normally use that you may now find you cannot use. Even John R. Rice led Catholics to the Lord with their own Catholic Bibles (because they would not even look at or read from a "Protestant" Bible).

• Members

The more that I think on this thread, it would appear that the contention of a few on here is that no one can be saved apart from the King James Bible.

If that be the case, then are there not whole countries (which are exclusively of another language) yet lost because they are unable to read English?

Or, what of a close friends chatting on a bus - the one witnessing to the other and quoting Scripture to his lost friend. What if the verse quoted, is not quite word-for-word - the gist being there, but not strictly as it would be if he has read it from his Bible? If that person were to bow his head and pray to receive CHRIST - is that salvation negated?

Just what kind of can of worms are some opening here?

When I was saved, I was a lost Mormon - and even though I "had" a KJB, I didn't respect it (it was probably translated incorrectly anyway) - and as I recall, the verses used to speak to my heart were probably NIV.

Therefore, am I still lost?

I've been walking with the LORD now 28 years - but would you assume that JESUS never knew me?

Guest Guest

I went to a church that was actually split over this issue. Although this happened just after I moved away. God can use another version to get his "message" through. Why, didnt he use an ass to get his message to Balaam? But growing into the fulness of the stature of Christ is another thing though. You'll need a KJV for that.
Wil