• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

WHAT!!!!!

• Members
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ggW2NBbAtYcvPaJFrRSRCh-doJZQD965JFKO0

Your thoughts please. I have to get my jaw off the ground first. :verymad:

My thoughts: the local church is not an organization, and our pastor has already said when the time comes we will give up that tax exempt status and keep on standing for Truth. We do not need the gov't money....our God already owns it all, but you're right....it is :verymad:

• Members
I'm not sure why you are upset with this. Isn't he continuing something that Pres. Bush started? Please elaborate.

Obama said the office would work with nonprofit organizations "both secular and faith-based" and would help them determine how to make a bigger impact in their cities, learn their obligations under the law and cut through government red tape.

There is always a string attached with gov't "help".

• Members

Bush started this stuff, but Chairman Obama has put a person to oversee this and made up another government department to suck up tax money. I am not for Bush and against the Chairman. I believe because of the many errors of the Bush administration, now a true marxist can be president. I know many phony new evangelical churches who will jump on this. If you take the "faith" based money you cannot witness to the people you are helping. There will be alot of people who get a leg up and die and go to hell. The gov. will take over every aspect of our lives. They will rule over everything. That is what marxists want to do and the marxists in the church will link hands with anyone. They will link hands with the anti-christ to, since they won't be in heaven when the anti-christ shows up.

• Members

Non-profit organizations CAN apply for government grants. Bush expanded this to allow religious organizations to be able to compete to receive the same grants that non religious charities can apply for.

Nothing has changed. If a church chooses to apply for the money, and gets a government grant to help out, for example, with a homeless shelter, that is fine. They can still preach what they believe. They just cannot use government money to do so. The Shelter will be separate from the church, and the funded with public funds. They will have to follow guidelines, which is fine. It is part of their choice in taking the money.

I don't see the big deal. Government is forcing no one to take money. They are forcing no one to believe a certain way.

No big deal here. Church sponsored charitable organizations can merely chose to participate in competing for the grants. No, they cannot use the money to preach a religious belief, but they can use it to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and heal the sick. They can do that also without the government funding. That is their choice.

Nothing wrong with any of this, that I can see. If churches are excluded from applying like they were before, the money still gets spent, but it will go to different charitable organizations.

• Members

:bang::bang::bang: Nothing wrong here. Sorry I thought this was repugnant. This wicked gov really does have our best interest in mind.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

• Members
:bang::bang::bang: Nothing wrong here. Sorry I thought this was repugnant. This wicked gov really does have our best interest in mind.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

I really do not understand. No one is forcing anyone to take any money. I don't see what the big deal is.

Can you not see any of the good our government does? Without government, there would be no roads. Without government, there would be no national defense. Without government, we would live in a world much more chaotic than the one we currently live in. Without governemnt, there would be no airlines. Without government, there would be no infrastructure in this country. Can you not see that?

There is much good that is done, and we have to take the good with the bad.

I really do not understand what the big deal is here.

• Administrators
Nothing has changed.

And yet, BO ran on a platform of change. And we have see just how he's "changing" things. Yippee.

kind - we do need government. That isn't the point of any of this. The point is that goevrnment has got more than its nose inside the tent now. BO is intent on getting the whole camel in. And when that happens, you will see what the big deal is.

• Members

And yet, BO ran on a platform of change. And we have see just how he's "changing" things. Yippee.

kind - we do need government. That isn't the point of any of this. The point is that goevrnment has got more than its nose inside the tent now. BO is intent on getting the whole camel in. And when that happens, you will see what the big deal is.

But he is not forcing money on anyone. No charity has to apply for government grants. They can if they want to, but they do not have to.

If this was a big deal, why wasn't anything heard about it when Bush started this program? I thought it was one of the good things that he did. I'm still confused. I don't see how this interferes with churches at all.

• Members

From my other thread...a good reason not to take the funds...the potential sacrifice is too great.

Add to the list of agenda items for future process steps the new Faith Based Innitiative, "Council for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships." Actually its a step in a process.

http://www.truthout.org/article/obama-r ... ith-office
"First, if you get a federal grant, you can't use that grant money to proselytize to the people you help and you can't discriminate against them - or against the people you hire - on the basis of their religion."

"Every house of worship that wants to run an effective program and that's willing to abide by our constitution..."

If you take the money, what exactly are you saying?
Could this mean, hypothetically:
1. A Baptist Church agrees to participate and receives funds.
2. An avowed and open homosexual applies for an administrator position in one of their funded outreaches.
3. The church says, "We're unable to place you in a position of authority within our church. We would gladly explain our position based on scriptures and envite you to attend our services."
4. The homosexual sues the church on charges of discrimination and wins.
5. The church is literally branded a hate monger in the liberal press.
6. The church either rejects the Bible principle or looses funding and possibly a lot of the church's building funds...if not the entire building.

• Members

It is, take the sorry off of it, you were correct.

Its quite clear where our government is headed, they love good works, with out the message, and many churches will take it and further their good works leaving off the critical part of it in pure joy.

• Members

I was trying to be sarcastic, but I guess you really don't see it if you can't hear my voice or see the smile on my face. Government will use this to infilltrate deeper into the phony churches out there hoping to bamboozle some in the real church so that this wickedness can keep us fundies in line. It won't work though. Cause real pastors will not be roped in by wicked people.