• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Very Good Creation Site

• Members
Now I know your fibbing. First of all the man quotes one Darwinian after another so to say they never believed what he is presenting is an outright lie.

He quotes early and late evolutionarty scientists but for the most part mis-represents the ideas they were presenting. In a world of 6 billion or so people, there will not doubt be some who line up with the version of evolution presented in the book, but I believe it misrepresents the view held by scientific consensus both back then and now.

Please don't call me a liar again; that is a very serious and presumptuous thing to say. You say you know how I work. If that means you think I am some guy who has come on here to convince other people about evolution then you are wrong and I believe my presence here over the past 12 months, at the grace of the site owners, bears witness to that. I've said time and again that I'm mainly here to seek and learn.

My original post was just to suggest that there are better Creationist resources out there. I wouldn't say that Answers in Genesis misrepresents evolution, for example.

I'm really quite offended that you've called me a liar.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
fwiw' date=' there is nothing worse then a brand new member coming on any forum spouting foolishness like Wilchbla just did. Have some respect. Your arrogance will get you nothing around here.[/quote']

So, let me see. This site is a bible believing, Christ honoring, supporter of creationism site yet I'm the one spouting foolishness? My question is why are you posting on a site that is for Christians who believe the Bible? Obviousily, you are here just to try to impress us with your unbelief.

• Members
If you support and promote evolution than you are a liar. If not than God is. I'm offended you call God a liar.

Now you're changing the subject. My objection was specifically to this remark:

First of all the man quotes one Darwinian after another so to say they never believed what he is presenting is an outright lie.

I don't mind if you think I'm a liar by because you think I'm belial or something. Everyone starts somewhere.

• Members

Don't presume to know me sir. I am all for accurate rebuttals to evolution theory, but misrepresentation of a position helps no one, ever.

What happens when someone mis-represents a fundamentalist POV? We dismiss them as not knowing what they are talking about, and they lose all credibility. That, friend, is a two way street. Our arguments must be based on a position of knowledge, or we will lose that argument.

• Members

First of all you presumed to know me. So don't play this game with me, son. Have you read anything from the site I posted? If not, read it then come back. I have no time with a Darwinian or a Darwinian symphathizer. These folks have their monopolies in the schools and media. They don't need to be perched like a buzzard in a website designed for edification of the saints. And they definitely don't need you defending them. They need to be rebuke sharply as scripture says. Read the site I posted thoroughly then come back to me, kid. :wave:

• Members

Now you're changing the subject. My objection was specifically to this remark:

I don't mind if you think I'm a liar by because you think I'm belial or something. Everyone starts somewhere.

I recommend you read the whole site I posted before you comment. You can't ascertain something from half a chapter of one book.

• Members

I deliberately turned to chapter 9 because it is the section that purports to explain what 'evolutionary theory' actually is. Whether the book can refute evolution with any credibility depends on getting that bit right, and I don't think it does. If you disagree then let's just leave it at that.

I'm mostly here to learn about the word of God and seek guidance from the Christians here in my search. That website and its accompanying book is longer than the NT; I've no intention of putting that down to spend the next few months wading through arguments about origins and creation.

P.S. For your info, Dwayner79 doesn't defend me--we almost never speak on this forum, as it happens. But I have seen him and others from time-to-time reject what they think are poor creationist arguments. Why would that be the same thing as supporting evolution? To quote you:

In fact' date=' I don't see why everyone insists that you must hold to evolution in you believe there is a gap there.[/quote']

Yet, ironically, you would insist that someone must hold to or sympathise with evolution if they reject a Creationist argument.

• Members
Alimantado - have you ever read Darwin's Black Box by Michael Behe? I have only read a portion of it' date=' but I would be interested to know your thoughts on the book if you've read it.[/quote']
I've read a couple of reviews but that's it. From what I've heard it ought to be a challenge to both naturalists and 6-day Creationists. Behe argues for design but also says he believes that some form of 'designed' evolution happened. Is that right?

• Members

Awww... little Wilchbla got called out and the only defense he could come up with was to call me a child. Little Wilchbla got his feelings hurt? Poor little Wilchbla. You know what. The internet is full of people like you. Your own arrogance makes you assume your the only one with truth. I am not at all a Darwinian sympathizer(wrt origins). Nor am I your son, or a kid. Nor will I entertain any discussion with you. It's not worth my time.

If you decide to discuss chapter 9 I'll follow along. The discussion on Natural Selection is laughable at best. It would get shot down by anyone who even follows origin theory as a hobby. I read you site. Its wrong. But I will presume you don't have the chops to take Alimantado on his challenge, because you probably don't really know what your talking about. Prove me wrong. Take on the challenge. Lets see if you and the site you linked are up to the challenge.

• Members
Awww... little Wilchbla got called out and the only defense he could come up with was to call me a child. Little Wilchbla got his feelings hurt? Poor little Wilchbla. You know what. The internet is full of people like you. Your own arrogance makes you assume your the only one with truth. I am not at all a Darwinian sympathizer(wrt origins). Nor am I your son, or a kid. Nor will I entertain any discussion with you. It's not worth my time.

If you decide to discuss chapter 9 I'll follow along. The discussion on Natural Selection is laughable at best. It would get shot down by anyone who even follows origin theory as a hobby. I read you site. Its wrong. But I will presume you don't have the chops to take Alimantado on his challenge, because you probably don't really know what your talking about. Prove me wrong. Take on the challenge. Lets see if you and the site you linked are up to the challenge.

:goodpost:

His postings showed an incredible amount of both ignorance and arrogance. You're 100% right, Dwayne. Anyone who has spent enough time around here to actually get to know either you or Alimantado would know that his comments and conclusions were totally off-base and inappropriate.

Just because someone may be right in their beliefs doesn't mean that they are qualified to defend them. The creation-evolution debate that Ray Comfort was a part of comes to mind. He and Kirk were both unqualified to debate the subject and were made mince meat out of. Had it been Ken Ham of AiG, on the other hand, it might've gone differently.

• Members

I believe in creation just as recorded in the Bible.

That said, many creation groups put out a lot of faulty information and speculation. They try to hard to have an answer for everything. If you don't have a good, solid explanation it's better to say so rather than attempt to force something to fit or to create an answer.

Most creation groups do have some excellent material put together. It's tragically unfortunate they all too often add in so much unfounded material as well.

While this has been an interesting thread, the snide comments directed towards Dwayne were completely innaprorpriate and uncalled for.