• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Exception to Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Members

Speaking of Prodigal Sons and our Heavenly Father's desire for intimate closeness with His children, you might be blessed with the message I preached on Saturday (probably partly influenced by this thread, as well as several other conversations I had recently):

[url=http://www.onlinebaptist.com/messageboards/viewtopic.php?t=10667][b]Abba, Father[/b][/url]

• Members

Yes, Chelle, I agree - the whole fact that it bothers you and you wanted to get it settled is proof that the Holy Spirit is still doing what He promised to do in John 16:7-14 (now that is referring to the lost world - but He is still convicting today). From what I have read of personal testimonies, those who God has given up (through persistent rejection of the Gospel on their part - so here we are dealing with the lost, not God's children), realize the judgment that they may one day face, but do not desire to get it settled or be reconciled to God. They do not look forward to Hell - but they do not care anymore to search out God or His Word, to fill the emptiness inside - it just doesn't matter to them anymore. Scary place to be - but the Lord will never turn His back on His own children - He may have to chastise them with death, but that brings them home (where all sin is gone forever), not banishes them or makes them go further away from Him.

• Members

[quote]
Yes, Chelle, I agree - the whole fact that it bothers you and you wanted to get it settled is proof that the Holy Spirit is still doing what He promised to do in John 16:7-14 (now that is referring to the lost world - but He is still convicting today).
[/quote]

[i]*whew*[/i]

Thanks for the feedback, Jerry. :D Yep, that's what I'm talkin' bout. :mrgreen:

• Members

Its surprising to me the number of people who teach that one can lose their salvation, that never pay any attention to the fact that when a child of God falls into sin, backslides, that Gods speaks, spanks, them if that don't work, calls them home, that He will no wise cast them out.
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:37 (KJV)

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Heb 12:5-6 (KJV)

I suppose such Scriptures does not go along with what they teach, so they just leave it out.
May the Lord Bless,
Jerry808

"Let not your heart be troubled"
John 14:1 (KJV)

• Members

Perhaps they (those who teach that one can lose his salvation) don't believe that teaching that God disciplines his children is an intimidating enough threat to get people to live right.

Perhaps someone should explain to them what is involved in "scourging". :D

• Members

Had a coC friend that once said, "Jerry, I wish I had as much faith as you do that once a person is saved, that they could not lose their salvation."

I told him, its all in the Bible, study it, and you can have that faith.

His reply was, I just don't see it. Of course he does not want to set down with me and the Bible.

Mr. Campbell sure has led many astray with his false teachings.

May the Lord Bless,
Jerry808

• Members

[quote]
His reply was, I just don't see it. Of course he does not want to set down with me and the Bible.
[/quote]

No, I guess not. He'd rather trust in men than in God and His Word. These people who teach you can lose your salvation always take verses [b][i]way[/i][/b] out of context. They have to. If they went line upon line, precept upon precept, they'd have to believe in (and teach) eternal security, and then they'd lose power and control over their flock. It's sad.

• Members

At times, I think that these people, when they started teaching such a doctrine, that taught this to try and keep people under bondage, in order to keep a hold upon their purse strings.

It surely seems true for the RCC teachings.

May the Lord Bless,
Jerry808

• 1 year later...
  • Members

God bless you all for your replies, I appreicate each one of them. I had a wonderful time in church on Sunday; it feels so good to be back with God's people that I can't describe it. It feels I've been away for a long, long time although it's been only a few weeks. It's still amazing to me how far I managed to slide in such a short time, and how quickly God yanked me back out of the mess I'd made. He is so good!!!

Thanks

Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Your "temporary" rejection of God is no "BIGGER" sin than "ANY" small sin you may commit, once that first sin is charged to you, you're condemned, the other sins really doesn't matter.

Jesus's salvation is "TOTAL", not "Partial", not so much as even "one sin" can/will be charged to you.

• 14 years later...
  • Members
On 1/12/2006 at 12:02 AM, LindaR said:

The following is taken from David Cloud's [b]Things Hard to be Understood (Hebrews 6:4-6)[/b]  Sorry about the length--but this is really good!
[b]Heb. 6:4-6[/b]

Hebrews is not hard nor difficult to understand.  (I don't have a clue what is referred to as being from David Cloud's.  If it is so long LindaR is apologetic for it also,   I won't look for it without good reason to)

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Hebrews is not hard nor difficult to understand.  (I don't have a clue what is referred to as being from David Cloud's.  If it is so long LindaR is apologetic for it also,   I won't look for it without good reason to)

That is a name of a book by David Cloud.