• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who are you and what is your ministry?

• Members

Tim Fisher
Assistant Pastor of Elkhorn Baptist Church, Baker City Oregon

Grew up on a cattle ranch then became a Deputy Sheriff at age 22. Retired from Law Enforcement after 17 years in Nov 2007 (Medical issues with birth defects to my legs and back injury). Like Bro Harrison was called many unrepeatable things :frog

Im praying with my brother in law (who is also a Pastor) about starting a Church together.

Im also working on a book about being a fundamental bible believeing Christian in the field of law enforcement. The idea is to encourage the saved peace officers and witness to the lost ones as well as minister to the families of peace officers. I pray I can get it published. My goal is to have it finished by this fall. :bonK:

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Greg Schneck, Pastor of Montelores Baptist Church, Lewis CO (SW Colorado in the 4 corners area). I've been here for 7 months (since Dec 7th, 2008) and there are some challenges here.

The church started as an in home Bible study years ago. Sadly, they have never had a pastor who preached the whole counsel of God. That has presented some challenges. They are also older (we've had 3 funerals already) and set in their ways. Getting a youth program going also has it's problems.

These people are some of the friendliest I've ever come across and they will do anything for you. They just need some teaching from the Word (sin, responsibility, their walk as a child of God, soul winning, etc).

This is a historic area (Mesa Verde Nat'l Park is just a few miles away) and Indian (opps... Native American) reservations are close by. When we go to WalMart about half the customers are Native American.

Very interesting place. Especially since we came here from the east coast of North Carolina. "From the coast to the high desert."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Just saw this thread.

Pastor Jim Nicholson
Living Word Baptist Church
Albuquerque New Mexico
In one of what they call the war zones here.
And of all places we are on a road called Coors.
How do you say it, "Just Google us"

By-vocational for now, am an assassin on the side (pest control, you a bug man)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Matthew Presley, age 30, 10/7/81
missionary to the inner cities USA,

currently asst. pastor, King Of Grace Baptist church, under pastor Terrell Bear, we stared this church on 5/31/10, i am assisting Pastor Bear in his burden to start an old fashion Bible believing church on all points of the compass in Las Vegas, i will continue to plow the fallow ground of Sin City, until the Lord come back or calls me to a new post.

brothermatt.av1611@gmail.com

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Andrew Fix, 24

Called to preach in October of 2011. Currently serving as Youth Director under Pastor Paul Gentry at Mount Vernon Bible Baptist Church, in Mount Vernon, WA. I am currently seeking the Lord's Will, and prospectively going to attend Heartland Baptist College in the near future.

• Members

You who have posted your ministry, I want to thank you for sharing it with us, & it might be encouraging for some one, & I hope & pray that you have a successful ministry. And please remember, if God gives you a work, He will support you & be with you every step of the way.

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

My name is Greg Schneck, married 26 years, two sons college age. Saved in 1984, Associates Bible Degree in 88, Preached as a lay preacher (small church of 30) 90-92. I have filled pulpits and etc. since that time.

Was called to full time ministry last year. I'm currently seeking the church God has called me to pastor. I don't know where it is yet but HE does!

I am IFB, KJV by conviction, and I oppose CCM, Willow Creek, The Warren method, etc. Of course, this stand makes finding a church extremely difficult. Church planting is also an option.

My heart aches as I see church after church going the "new" way....

My heart aches as I see no leadership in churches. Just today I had a followup call with a church I had been talking to. My resume was to go before the church last night. The result?..... Two ladies in the church said I couldn't candidate due to my stand on the KJV. So I was politely turned away.....

My resume may be seen at http://greg.thinkbible.org

I might also ask that you take a look at one of my other sites:
http://www.needpastor.com

We have good men of God who need to find a church! Let help!

I count it privilege to be a part of this group. Thank You

​Okay my intro first

Michael Reed, Pastor, Bible Baptist church in Herlong, CA. Also lead congregational singing, et al.

My wife Delia and I have a small farm with numerous animals, including goats, rabbits, chickens, etc. we minister to the folks in a very small community, a lot of damaged people, and it occurred to me a long time ago that I am a bit weird, a little strange, and it is exactly how I needed to be to minister here to the folks of this area.

That being said, Brother Greg, we are the only IFB church for 40 miles north, 60 miles south, and forget east and west. But there are numersou small towns with no IFB presence out this way at all. There is a stretch of raod, the 70, Feather River Canyon; there are a couple small-med sized towns, neither with an IFB church, and then a long stretch of very sparsely-populated spots for the next, oh, maybe 100 miles. All this road there are no good witnesses. When my wife and I were married, we took the canyon, and stayed overnight in one area on Saturday night, Sunday we went to church, to the only Baptist church around, a southern baptist, and yes, very contemporary. hated it, but it put the area on our hearts. Unfortunatley it would take someone working full time, maybe even in a circuit-riding type of ministry, to make a difference. Maybe something to pray over. And I know that our area is not unique-so many preachers want to big church, already in place with a salary and a parsonage, but there is such a need for preachers willing to work hard for little return on this earth. Its what I do where I am, and others I know do the same. Maybe the Lord will put something like that on your heart.