• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heavy Rock

Guest Guest

I like heavy rock. Is it a sin to listen to it? My favourite bands are Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. I think all the devil worship stuff is just a gimmick. What do you think?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

:lol: I think your here to pick a fight. This might be a dumb question, but are you a born again christian? Usually when people come in here to pick a fight they will get about 10 posts offf before we realize they have an agenda.

• Members

If you want to learn about christianity, why come in so arguementative? Make a thread and ask questions. There are many good christians here who will answer them for you. Hopefully you to will see that Jesus died for your sins.

I want to challenge religious viewpoints. Christ did not die for my sins. I do not buy in to your religion and I really think that if you took a journey with me, neither would you.

• Members

I John 2:2

'And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Christ died for the sins of every human being that has ever existed or ever will exist, including yours.

It is a free gift if you'll accept it, but I fear you have so hardened your heart that you couldn't accept it even if you wanted to. I pray that the Holy Spirit might convict you of your sins before it is eternally too late.

In Christ,
PreacherE

I believe that we are animals and have no rights over any other of god's creatures.
I believe that people have a right to do what they like provided it doesn't hurt others or the planet.
I believe that there is no meaning, only interpretation.
I believe that all humans have the power to do good.
I believe that we humans need protecting from ourselves.

• Members
I believe that we are animals and have no rights over any other of god's creatures.
I believe that people have a right to do what they like provided it doesn't hurt others or the planet.
I believe that there is no meaning, only interpretation.I believe that all humans have the power to do good.
I believe that we humans need protecting from ourselves.

How do you know what is "right" or "wrong" (by YOUR interpretation)?

There is no right or wrong. There is good and bad but that can depend on where someone is looking from Eg - Supporting Saddam against Iran is good but then it becomes a bad thing. The map is not the territory. There is effective and not effective and a whole lot of shades inbetween. There is the power to change, to learn to love but not when you have to live your live within the interpertation of a 2000 year old book.

• Members
There is no right or wrong. There is good and bad but that can depend on where someone is looking from Eg - Supporting Saddam against Iran is good but then it becomes a bad thing. The map is not the territory. There is effective and not effective and a whole lot of shades inbetween. There is the power to change' date=' to learn to love but not when you have to live your live within the interpertation of a 2000 year old book.[/quote']

:puzzled: O-kay, so, I'm not sure I understand how you believe there is NO right or wrong. Is it wrong to murder someone? Is it ok to steal, lie, cheat? If someone beats the tar out of you and takes all your money, is that ok?