• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Members

I've gone through 3 different screen names on this board including the one I have now. I started out as Tigerlily, then changed to Goldberry (after a minor character in Tolkien's [u]Lord of the Rings[/u] book, not the movie), and now I'm just plain ol' Chelle. :D As one of my friends would say: "K.I.S." (Keep it simple) :mrgreen:

• Members

There really isn't anything special about my name--Linda is my name and R is the first letter of my last name. So, therefore, instead of using a number after my name, like I do on another forum, I just use the first letter of my last name--ergo: LindaR.

I use "sheina maidle" in another chat program--that is Hebrew for "pretty girl". I am a born again, blood washed Jewish believer in Jesus Christ. I also use the nic "emeilia_rose" in the Fundamental Baptist forum--those two nics are the middle names of my 2 granddaughters in California. I am "Linda64" on the Baptist Board too. And believe it or not, I always know who I am, wherever I go :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

[quote="John81"]
That's interesting Linda. Do you ever have any trouble from unsaved Jews? I've known of a few saved Jews that some Orthodox Jews really treated horribly.
[/quote]

I sure have--my family. I am the only one in my immediate family who is saved. Both my parents passed away unsaved :( I was blessed to have a very special "gentile" lady witness to me 32 years ago. I have been saved 32 years today.

• Members

It's such a shame we can't always reach our families. In fact, it seems to be very difficult. I've read of other Christians who have had their Christian friends witness to their families and they would witness to their friends families because families tend to be more open to non-family members on such matters.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on your spiritual birthday! Praise and glory be to God! I'm pleased to have you as one of my many sisters in Christ.

• Members

[quote]
I've read of other Christians who have had their Christian friends witness to their families and they would witness to their friends families because families tend to be more open to non-family members on such matters.
[/quote]

[b][i]Hey[/i][/b], that's a [b][i]great idea[/i][/b]! I'll have to keep that one in mind. :mrgreen:

• Members

It's been known to work for some. I recall Jesus being unable to work any miracles in His home area because the people didn't want to listen to Him because they looked at Him as "just the carpenters son".

Many families are the same way. They have automatic blocks that pop up between them and what some family members have to say about Christ.